1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
I'm thinking the panels should be more than just a flat piece of vinyl stretched over the backing board.

I also noticed the rear has ONE spiral shock, the bench seat hinges are a little rusty looking, the seat belt retractor covers are discolored, some of the body panel alignment is not very good, there are scuffs on the bottom of the gas tank.

Yes, it is a nice looking car, but not museum quality.

Randy (it would look great in a shot with a smokey burnout!!!):D :D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
It would be a good car for the museum. Put it on the other side of a rope about 20 feet from the isle :)

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
11311 indicates 6cyl !!! No V8 fender badges... wrong valve covers for a 67, and I believe wrong steering wheel for the 67 100 series... Door panels have been made up !!! Probably a 5 or 6 grand driver!! Tops! Why does everybody forget about the rubber gaskets that go around 67 front headlight bezels.. between it and the fender????

Bogie

·
Registered
112 Posts
Maybe I am just being nit-picky :rolleyes:

But to me if your selling something as "Restored/Museum" quality.

The first word that jumps out at you from under the hood should not be ECONOMY :geek:

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Come on guys...give him a break! If it was advertised as a super clean 67 Chevy II sedan this thread would have never been started. It's not a museum quality car by any stretch of the imagination but it is a rock solid car. If it is rust free as it appears, then I would say it is worth a good chunk of change.

Yea..the steering wheel is a little gay.:rolleyes: (not into coupe steering wheels in sedans), the door panels are half assed, it does need bezel gaskets, seat hinge is a little rusty, seat belt retractor is faded (<--is this a sedan option???) and the underside is clean but not restored.

With this said...
I will not be suprised if this car pulls 15,000-20,000 if not more like it sits. Hell it's already at $9,800 with 11 unique bids and there is 9 days -12 hrs left on the auction. :eek: watch and see.:D

I would love to own it!

These sedans are getting out of hand!!! but you won't hear me complain! lol.

Dave

Dave

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
I still think it would look great emerging from a cloud of tire smoke!!:D

To me, museum quality means a meticulous restoration. That is all my point was. He does state that it is museum quality in the auction. I do not dispute that it is a nice, solid car.

Randy (at least it does have LOTS of pics!);)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funky, Dude lite'n up a little.
I think we all agree it is nice, but I think we also all agree it isn't museum piece quality.

PS, the steering wheel is correct for the 67, but the "ECONOMY" battery and homemade door panels are not (ha ha ha). ;)

If this was an individual selling, I would prolly not pick so much, but instead a "Muscle Car Dealer" who wants to smear glory all over a "regular car". Maybe it's just me, but I hold these types of companies to a higher standard then an individual. (but that's just me !!) :)

-Brent Thomas
Ohio

·
Registered
818 Posts
Museum restoration used to mean it was pretty and looked restored, but was mechanically untouched. If it was in a museum it was not being driven.

It is a nice car that someone spent some money on, but did not get all the little details correct. The next owner can get the correct 100 pieces like the steering wheel, door panels a rubber floor covering or more likely just stuff a 406 and TH350 in it.

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
BTHOMAS67Wagon said:
Funky, Dude lite'n up a little.
I'm not uptight.:D
BTHOMAS67Wagon said:
I think we all agree it is nice, but I think we also all agree it isn't museum piece quality.
This was my point.
BTHOMAS67Wagon said:
PS, the steering wheel is correct for the 67,
Your right. But it's for a hardtop coupe. That's like sticking a sedan steering wheel in a SS. Just erks me.
BTHOMAS67Wagon said:
but the "ECONOMY" battery and homemade door panels are not (ha ha ha). ;)
I totally agree. Makes the dealer sound like a complete moron.haha.
BTHOMAS67Wagon said:
If this was an individual selling, I would prolly not pick so much, but instead a "Muscle Car Dealer" who wants to smear glory all over a "regular car". Maybe it's just me, but I hold these types of companies to a higher standard then an individual. (but that's just me !!) :)
I totally agree.

See....we're on the same page. .:p

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
72VenturaII said:
I wonder if that is a true Yenko in the back ground?
No you can find it on ebay too.It says its a recreation !

·
Registered
847 Posts
Bogus/ClonerL79 said:
Why does everybody forget about the rubber gaskets that go around 67 front headlight bezels.. between it and the fender????

Bogie
Where can those be ordered? I havent seen them. i plan on buying a bezel.

·
13,678 Posts
Bogus/ClonerL79 said:
Why does everybody forget about the rubber gaskets that go around 67 front headlight bezels.. between it and the fender???? Bogie
They weren't on 66s and I think alot of people restoring 67s forget they had them. I've talked to owners of real nice 67s who are surprized when told about the missing headlight gaskets. At a car show on Sunday, I saw a 66 where somebody had tried to install these gaskets, likely wondering why they didn't fit better. The 67 right next to it didn't have any.
Bob

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
BTHOMAS67Wagon said:
Please don't get me wrong, this is a nice car, but "Restored/Museum" quality ?!?!

Hmmmm..

(PS. Nice Door panels ?!?! :D )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Nova-58-080-Original-Miles-Restored-Museum-Car-75-Pics_W0QQitemZ4654024786QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6172QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

in one of the trunk pictures there is rust where the metal bracket comes down to the floor pan on the drivers side. and there are holes in the head liner and what appears to be an issue with the head liner where it tucks to the sail and the window corner trim. looks nice, but not museum.........

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I like the vacuum hose comming out by the water neck that is plugged with a bolt. That must have been one of those high dollar options you only see on a car in a museum.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts