Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find the radiator spacer that the radiator mounts to on a 1967 Chevy 2 SS. I have a new core support and radiator and would like to replace this spacer as the old one is pretty hammered. Website addresses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks-
Jason

·
Vendor
1,846 Posts
No one reproduces them to my knowledge. There are at least three different ones, the 4 cylinder version (really big) and the two V8 ones.

I think the V8 ones split by 1st gen / 2nd gen, but I do not know for sure. They are hard to tell apart unless you have them next to each other, then the differences are apparent.

I have some used ones, PM if interested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up just mounting directly to the core support. 3 row aluminum with a 14" electric fan turned out great. I just have to get longer radiator hoses. Thanks for the reply as I searched every possible phrase to try and find the spacer on every nova site out there. Have a great day!
Jason

·
Registered
140 Posts
Another alternative, one you can still go with, is to use the fan shroud from an a/c equipped 66-67 V8. With it, the radiator is still mounted direct on the radiator support.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Could someone post a picture of what he's looking for. I made some spacers to get my radiator away from my ac condenser.

·
Vendor
1,846 Posts
Not the best pictures, getting these down from the shelf would have been a pain. One is basically an inverse of the other in part of its construction. I have been told they interchange, but have never tried.

The 4cyl one is so much bigger I do not think anyone would confuse it with a V8 one.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I made my own. I got a 8' piece of aluminum angle from lowes, cut one side off and bent it to make a 2" spacer in order to move the radiator cap back to clear the hood latch. Then I used longer bolts and squeezed it between the new radiator and core support. Looks like it was made for it. Lol

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts