Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
13,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great car, but the seller touts it as 'very rare'. I've never considered the 1967 L30 Nova SS a 'very rare' car, especially with a PG, but it likely is. Just over 10,000 SS models were built in 1967 with slightly more than 8200 getting a V/8 (some would be 283 CID).

We all know that low production cars can be rare, but it doesn't necessarily equate to being valuable or in high demand. As an example, in 1966, there were fewer six cylinder SS Novas built than L79s. Again, I think this is a great car, but $50K may be stretching it.

Also, note the C pillar D99 trim. May have been a vinyl roof or 2 tone car originally?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Chevrolet-Nova-SS/153510247143?hash=item23bdec7ae7:g:jKkAAOSwhxJc8w-m

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,750 Posts
Very pretty car! And, it also appears to be very straight (but at 19k miles, there's no reason it shouldn't be if it's been as pampered as this one looks to be...). My only complaint is that I would like it a lot better if it hadn't been repainted.

As to the D99s, a photo of the cowl tag would solve that question. I'm surprised the seller didn't include one, unless he doesn't want us to see the original configuration.

$50k? Well, you'll never get it unless you ask, and you can always LOWER the price :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I’m not super knowledgeable on 67s but I thought the radiator was bolted to the core support without a spacer?

·
Super Moderator
4,012 Posts
Black black will help it sell quite a lot, but I'd need to see it in person. I wonder about the alignment at the driver's door and front fender, but the rest of the car looks amazingly straight. I don't know that a Stant gas cap is my favorite when shelling out $50K, but I mince.

Maybe some more. I wonder about the radiator spacer as well, and the valve covers. Are they script for a 327 in '67, or the indented angular kind that a 327 would have had in '65 or '66? And is this car getting the 3/8 inch fuel line treatment along the right side or 5/16" like regular 283s? I owned a '67 327/275 sport coupe with PG, and it had neither the spacer nor the script valve covers.

Have to see it in person. Not $50K, but if everything else checks out and the body is not rusty or bondoed, then I could see 40's.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
So.......the 1967 Nova SS 327 "275" hp , factory AC, 4-speed, 12 bolt, posi, Blue, one owner Nova that I sold in 1989 was rare??? Dang, I wish that I had it back!! I do regret having to sell it. We were moving and needed the $$$$. I won or placed in many Super Chevy Sunday`s and several other shows in Texas and Louisiana. Peace Dale :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts