Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,894 Posts
Looks fantastic. I'd leave it to the Canadian experts to tell right from wrong, but somebody went to great lengths to restore a very rare vehicle. At first blush the price is kind of high, but try to find another? Never seen an exact comp for it. I'd love a picture with air cleaner off just to see the manifold and carb and choke situation, but I suspect it's correct. A headrest true SS 2nd generation 327 4-speed car wouldn't be that much cheaper if it were a similarly restored U.S. production car, would it?

·
13,822 Posts
With the odd exception, this car is a correct restoration. Wheels would have been black, not body color. The seller gets a little carried away with the description. For example, the L30 with 4 speed was available for all Chevy II models in '67. He's correct that just 431 V/8 Nova SSs were built in Canada in 1967. They're rare cars today, although I know of several nice ones here in B.C. 1967 was the only year for the L30 in a Canadian Chevy II. There was no L30 in 1966, just the 283 and L79. The only 4 speed available in both years was the M20. The fact this car is GM Canada documented, with other paperwork, is a big plus. I think the $82,000 is high (about 62K U.S.) even given the condition and rarity of the car. Winter is also a strange time to be advertising a car like this in Canada. It's -11C (12F) in Calgary today.

·
Vendor
1,784 Posts
Now that is a clean undercarriage! Someone put in the effort there.

·
13,822 Posts
Now that is a clean undercarriage! Someone put in the effort there.
Yeah, they didn't come from the factory looking like that. Even the sub frames are painted body color. When I got my Lemonwood Yellow L79, the entire underside was body color and there wasn't a mark on it. Having a touch of OCD, I was underneath that car every week cleaning off the dirt and smudges.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts