Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Good question. Nothing on the cowl tag to indicate, so I'm going to say standard equipment on 400 series and SS and not on Chevy II. I have had two '67 sport coupes and they both had duals. I've never had a Chevy II with dual horns.

·
13,284 Posts
Agree with Frank's post above. Did find an interesting option listed at Novaresource.org. RPO U03 is a low note horn installed on 887 cars in 1965 and 479 in 1966. No numbers for 1967, which doesn't necessarily mean there weren't any, just maybe no numbers available.

A couple of dealer installs available for '66.....a tri-volume regular style horn and a matched horn I assume you could add to the one on your 100 series. In '65, there was the trumpet style tri-volume available.

Nothing to do with Chevy IIs, but my buddies 2019 Mustang Bullitt had only one horn. So, it's a 480 HP muscle car with a horn that sounded like a '48 Austin. Apparently, a Ford cost saving measure in 2019:rolleyes:. He remedied the situation by putting in 3 horns from a 25 year old Cadillac. Sounds like a freight train now.

Bob

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
The '67 assembly manual backs up dual horns standard on 400 and SS cars, not used on 100 Series. Interestingly enough there is no option code listed to add the hi note horn to a 100 Series. My '67 documentation is sparse, there very well could have been a throw-on dealer option.

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
GM horns of the '50's, specifically Cadillac horns, matched the cars. Kind of an offbeat response, but if you want to hear what one sounds like, they used a genuine Cadillac horn on Ry Cooder's 'Fernando Sez', a great car song in and of itself. Comes in clear toward the end, last 30 seconds of the song.

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
I have my horns sequenced so that the low note comes on last and turns off first, assuring that every honk begins and ends on a high note...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts