Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guy's, I did the church Boy's front and rear on my 67 SS and wondering if any of ya have used the Flowmaster American Thunder kit from the collectors to the rear of the car ( stock location behind each rear tire ). I'm trying not to spend $1300 bucks. Thanks "T"

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
headers

I'm using Hooker 2243 Headers. I've received my American Thunder Flowmaster kit. I think they can fit without much trouble (I hope). I just wasn't going to spend double the money if I didn't have to. "T"

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Church boys rear suspenson exhaust

I forgot to mention my engine is a 421 sbc, with Holley EFI and I have CBR front and rear suspension. using the hooker 2243 full length 1-3/4 tubes. I can't believe no one has tried one of the full length exhaust kits. I'm trying the Flowmaster because I want the "H" pipe and not the "X" pipe. To me the X is to crackely sounding. All my suspension is done and the car is in the paint shop for 6 mos. It all went together very well... T.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CBR 4 link exhaust "Again"

Is nobody running a full exhaust system on thier 66 or 67 with the CBR 4 link rear suspension?? Just trying to find out what they used as far as one of the kit systems work and what mods they may have made. I'm going to try the Flowmaster American Thunder kit. "T"

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hoping someone chimes in with their experience. I'm interested as well. Can you post pics of the front and rear CBR suspension installed? I'd love to see a completed full setup

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Chuck now makes a set of exhaust pipes that will clear with their tri-4link setup. The mod wasn't that bad to do, but that's me, might not be for everyone.

Going to be a struggle to find something that is a direct fit without modification. Any company that makes the kit for a Nova would be the best place to start, but more than likely, you are going to have to modify whatever you choose.

Or you could just call CBR and be done, unless you are up for a challenge... :yes:

T,

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the Church Boys Tri 4 link with Dougs long tube headers and Flowmaster Super 40's, I honestly find its cheaper to have the pipes custom made. Thankfully there is a guy in my area that is 1 of the best, hopefully this can at least give you an idea of how it can be done

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts