Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , New to the site Learning about 66-67 Novas . Just bought a 67 nova sport coupe last August 283 with pg original paint with protecto. plate Was the 1967 nova Brake booster Different from the 1966? I have seen many repos say they Fit , But was the booster a 1 year only type Thanks

·
Vendor
1,716 Posts
Going by the period GM parts books, there were at least 5 different boosters used on the Chevy between 1962 - 67. The 1967 lists out as unique and using two different ones - with disc brakes and without. I would guess the rod is the difference there, as there is a single rebuild kit listed for both. Book says both are a Moraine booster.

The special three stud mounting is the same as far as I have encountered 1962 - 67. As is the general installation and setup. There are of course minor variations here and there, but those would only be of concern if going totally original.

The aftermarket or "repop" ones are somewhat of a generic unit that works 1962 - 67. I imagine it is patterned off one of the post-63 boosters. The Inline Tube unit is close to original, other than I am used to seeing Chevy II boosters painted black (there are exceptions) - 1964-1967 GM X-body, Nova 9

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello , New to the site Learning about 66-67 Novas . Just bought a 67 nova sport coupe last August 283 with pg original paint with protecto. plate Was the 1967 nova Brake booster Different from the 1966? I have seen many repos say they Fit , But was the booster a 1 year only type Thanks
Thank you For the info I am looking for a original 1967 booster for a non disc brake car . I would like to find a nice used 67 booster , one that i can rebuild . I also like to keep the car with the correct parts . I do have a 66 unit , but i think it is wrong for a 67 any original pictures would be great . Thanks again for the Help

·
Vendor
1,716 Posts
I think we have an NOS '67 unit (not for sale). I will see if I can get some pics of it this week.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow That would be great!!!! I least I would now what i am looking for >

1 - 7 of 7 Posts