Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Does anyone have a picture of how the headliner attaches to the front on a coupe. I have 2 sheet metal pieces that attach along the top interior above the windshield but I am not clear on how to attach them. I know the headliner is glued on to these pieces but what does the trim look like that finishes around the front glass. (and rear glass as well) Is there a trim piece to divide the headliner from the right & left windshield post. Any pictures would be GREAT. My 67 didn't have a headliner or any trim or interior for that matter. I am looking for these front and rear interior trim pieces and some windlace (Bright Red Color) if anyone has a suggestion where I can find them.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
hi frank ,i have a photo of my 66 ss .it's the pieces that looks like it has rust on them. it's really glue on them. i took them off and blasted them. you can use pop rivets or flat head screws to attach them. just line up the holes.the rear mounts the same way.you need to get interior upper windshield trim(2 piece set)for the front and inside rear window trim(7 piece for hardtop or 3 piece for sedan).it works like the pinch welt trim does.you can get them from anyone that sells nova parts.http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d90/novafied/novaphotos042.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cool: Thanks, The picture helps. I am in the process of installing a new headliner but when I worked my way to the front I just wasn't sure how it attached. I remember it had these funky little clips to hold the strips on and most of them broke when they came out.The pop rivots should work well. Have you installed your new headliner yet? I have read that some minor wrinkles can be removed from the headliner with steam. Have you any info on getting a nice smooth installation.

·
Registered
388 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts