Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All, this is my Nova. Not sure how much longer I will hang on to it.

Year: 1967

Model: Nova

Engine: 383 Stroker with FiTech EFI. Edelbrock aluminum heads

Body/Exterior: Coupe Custom PPG

Front End: Church Boys Racing Power Rack

Transmission: Tremec 5 speed manual tranmission

Rear End: CPP 4 link with coil over

Exhaust: custom headers with 3" exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers and side mount pipes

Wheels/Tires: 18" US Mag

Interior: Custom white marine leather interior with Covan Dash, Auto meter electric gauges.

Electrical: MSD 6A electronic ignition, MSD custom plug wires, MSD billet distributor

Accessories/Options: Be Cool aluminum radiator with dual electric fans

Sound system: Alpine Head unit with Satellite Radio

Additional Comments: 4 wheel disc brakes vented and slotted. Vintage Air Conditioning. Shaved door handles with keyless entry.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Very nice car, why do you say you don't know if you'll hang on to it or not?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice car, why do you say you don't know if you'll hang on to it or not?
The mods cost more than I expected installed and it had various issues mostly with the EFI that had to get worked out and I cant work on the car myself so the labor rates are high. It depends on how many other issues will arise but I need to set a limit before I am in too deep financially on it. If I knew I would get the value I spent on it back or close to it, then it wouldn't be too big a deal but the more expensive it is, the less buyers are out there and longer it will take.
I would like to do a mini tub and get it repainted but doubt I will. Maybe the paint

·
Registered
53 Posts
That is a great looking 67. Got any pics of the engine bay? 383 stroker is one of my favorites. What are you putting out for HP? What issues have you run into with the FiTech?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That is a great looking 67. Got any pics of the engine bay? 383 stroker is one of my favorites. What are you putting out for HP? What issues have you run into with the FiTech?
Thanks. Its maybe a little over 400hp from what the seller had stated when I bought it. Here is the engine bay when I bought it and now after adding EFI etc
The issues with the EFI were that I bought one of the first versions that came out of FiTech system and it was on backorder and then I didn't get it installed until just last fall (a few years after I bought it) and after one drive after I got it home, it wouldn't start up. Then it was discovered the display wasn't communicating with the main unit and I had to have another ECU sent and installed so I had to pay labor twice on the install. Then after I got it back and the weather was warming up, the motor would shut off due to vapor lock after 15-20min of driving because I was using the 1st gen Fuel Command Center which is crap and that was a well known issue so they had a mod that was performed to keep the fuel circulating to fix the heat issue and so far so good.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
That is a great looking car and beautiful engine bay. Glad you got the bugs worked out of the FiTech. I am still up in the air on weather or not to stay with carbureted or go EFI when I upgrade my engine in a year or two. I know you get better fuel economy and quicker throttle response but are there any other benefits?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is a great looking car and beautiful engine bay. Glad you got the bugs worked out of the FiTech. I am still up in the air on weather or not to stay with carbureted or go EFI when I upgrade my engine in a year or two. I know you get better fuel economy and quicker throttle response but are there any other benefits?
Thanks. It starts right up which is great. I have no real experience with carbs other than when I first got the car and didn't like to process of starting it up (no choke etc). There are various forums about the EFI that could tell you more

1 - 14 of 14 Posts