Chevy Nova Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
First off, THANK YOU for taking the time to document your build with some awesome pictures.
I am looking at getting a Smith Racecraft front end for my 66 and after seeing your pics and your testimony, I have made the right decision.

Is this their newly designed Spindle? I talked to Andy back in the spring and he told me they were working on a set, "to get a tighter turning radius"

Im looking forward to see some more updated pics of this build, so keep them coming.:)

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
First off, THANK YOU for taking the time to document your build with some awesome pictures.
I am looking at getting a Smith Racecraft front end for my 66 and after seeing your pics and your testimony, I have made the right decision.

Is this their newly designed Spindle? I talked to Andy back in the spring and he told me they were working on a set, "to get a tighter turning radius"

Im looking forward to see some more updated pics of this build, so keep them coming./forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

No this is not A Smith racecraft spindle, it's a drop spindle from racecraft. But before you buy a set I will have to modify my lower a arms due to the turning radius or have a set custom built for around 1200 bucks.

The only ones Smith have are the 82 camaro spindles which I currently have 2 sets of.

Hopefully they would make a drop set that works to improve things.

The stock 82 camaro ones are fine they just did not offer a 2" drop.

Another option is to go with the GT style strut which integrates the spindle and strut together.

·
Registered
318 Posts
So you had to pay for the new spindles and new control arms? Whoa.

Do you recall your ride height with the stock spindles? I currently have a set of Bell Tech Spindles (82-92 Camaro, no longer manufactured) that are 2" drop and was planning on running those.

Thanks for the response!

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Alot of updates to share over the past few months.

- Roll cage: I have been working on the installation of a roll Cage i bought from CA chassis works- required a bit of modification to get it to work how i wanted in the 4 door but for the most part everything fits well. I still have a few bars left to install hopefully this weekend or next. I bought the swing outs from chassis works and the car had to be back on the ground to prevent future binding.

- Brake lines- Rand all-new -3an SS hard tube brake line throughout the car.

- Rear window: after removing the rear window I have found that the previous owner had some rusting issues and instead of fixing the issue correctly they just filled the rust holes with Bondo which amplified the problem over time. We had to change out a lot of the rear window channel with new steel by welding a few pieces at a time. Also, we changed out the lower window channel or upper trunk panel as well due to the rust issues.

- Drivers side quarter panel: I have always known I was going to change the quarter due to a previous accident in the car before I bought it. Luckily I had a NOS 67 4 door quarter which was a lucky find, Due to changing all the window trim and trunk panel, this was the perfect time to swap out the quarter panel.

- Trunk: I have been working up to finish up all the trunk modifications: I have finished both side on the MINI tubs, refitted both the trunk hinge mounts, Filled in the back seat are with new steel, Installed a new custom made package tray, installed a new steel center section in the trunk, installed new battery brackets, installed my intercooler fittings and pump, installed my remote battery cut off switch, Installed a halon system.

I am sure I have missed something but here are the pictures.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts