Chevy Nova Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The small things

Nothing crazy to update:

I have installed a set of Ring brothers door lock pulls which came out very nice. I highly recommend for anyone on the fence.

- Also, I have modified my brake pedal by adding framing and boxing it in.

- Reason for doing the above mod I mainly aesthetics. Wilwood makes a very nice pedal set up for many cars, unfortunately, to install one in the nova would be very tight against the steering column or I would need to slide the master cylinder over. So i decided to make one that look similar. I ordered 2 of the aluminum Wilwood brake pads to be drilled and mounted onto my original one. I will post a picture of it totally completed once they come in.

A little clean up before black paint and it will be looking even better

-Also installed my 48 pin Amphenol connector into the firewall. This will run all on my engine harness through minus the main power leads

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
again, Thank You , for taking all your time to post up your pictures, great job, and, as always, very sharp work.

10 very quick years, already ?

and, I'm really liking those seats (all that engine work ..... no - doubt, also) ................... I, even saw ' Kay ' run his car back in th' day (several times) .. @ Texas ' Green Valley ' drag strip, when I was in high school .........

very impressed then (with that car) ------- very impressed with your car.

jim

(with just a good running ' 250 ' ------ and, having a ball, running - driving it) ........

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
again, Thank You , for taking all your time to post up your pictures, great job, and, as always, very sharp work.

10 very quick years, already ?

and, I'm really liking those seats (all that engine work ..... no - doubt, also) ................... I, even saw ' Kay ' run his car back in th' day (several times) .. @ Texas ' Green Valley ' drag strip, when I was in high school .........

very impressed then (with that car) ------- very impressed with your car.

jim

(with just a good running ' 250 ' ------ and, having a ball, running - driving it) ........

Thanks, yeah it has taken a while to get this point with many other renditions of the car but i can almost see a finish line.....many more posts and pictures before i get there.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Electronics test fit

Did a mock-up of the electronics install location.

Still, need to weld it all out but looks like it will fit fine.

- Ron Francis express wire kit
- Aeromotive fuel pump speed controller
- Dakota digital dual fan controller
- NLR AMS 500 boost controller with solenoid

Tonight I will check all the light/wiper switch clearance and then make a cover panel

I still have a few more electronics to install/test fit

- MSD 2 step- likely going to be next to the ignition
- BTM timing retard selector likely next to the ignition
- Controler for the overdrive- Likely next to the boost controller
- Racepak IQ3 street- centered on column in middle of dash gauge spot
- Resto-mod air ac controller- Likely next to ac control knob unit.

Aditional items still to be purchased if I can afford it that need a location are

- Terminator touch start
- Smartwire panel

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
More updates

A few more updates on thing i have been working on

I installed the bulk head pressure fittings that allow my Racepak sensors to screw directly into the back of them. This came from Blizkreig motor sports.

Next i finally got my bump steer tie rod ends from Racecraft. This will finally allow me to get my steering all set up. And my Tether sender lug nuts came in which match the new front rims

Next item, The headlight switch pull and pull came in from Detroit so now both sets on the dash match up

My Weld V series rims came in and i was able to get them mounted. I still have not purchased the back set yet.

I have started work on overhauling my 9" gear set. I stripped and painted my nodular housing. I am upgraded the gears to 4:11 with a spool. I will post the build on this as I go. but here is the test fitting shot.

LAst but not least one of my favorite things was the steering wheel RBZ billet made me. This is called the V shape wheel which matches the front rims nicely. They were even able to do a custom logo which will be for my overall build.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow, that looks serious! I love the half fenders for mock-up. Youre definitely over the top on everything. Nice work, keep the updates coming, I am looking forward to the finished product.

Mike

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Updates bumpers

A few minor updates for you.

If any of you wondered what a 3m Carbon fiber wrapped bumper looks like see below.

Both bumpers are steel, i shaved the bolts off, did the body work and panted them.

then they were wrapped.

Also i used the Ring Brothers charge port in the rear bumper as well.

Other updates, I have been working on exhaust pipe on and off with the exit through the rear quarter panel now.

Front grill and headlights are panel gloss black.

This week installing the ring brothers hood pins which turned out to be more work than i anticipated.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts