Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1967 Nova SS Convertible

I know this pic has already been posted but I thought I would re-title the thread so more people can get a look at this thing and be able to search for it. It's not often you see these cars.

This car was in Archdale NC at a car show. I got to take a ride in it back to the owners house. Very nice guy and car!

I don't know who that dude is in the pic??!?!?! I also don't know who's sedan is in the backround.:rolleyes: :D

Enjoy.
Dave

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
FunkyNova66 said:
I'm suprised nobody else has commented on this car. They must be pretty common.:rolleyes:
Maybe you've just moved up on the "Rex thread scale" here where everyone just ignores your posts now like they do with mine. :rolleyes: It may have something to do with those screaming websites you send everyone too.

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
NovatoriusRex said:
It may have something to do with those screaming websites you send everyone too.
THAT'S where I've seen that face before!!!!:eek: :D

Now if somebody would photochop that gorrilla outta the car, maybe I could see how nice it looks without my eyes burning and watering!:cool:

Randy (Nice vert!!! Ugly head!!):D :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
mmmmmmmmm.............

so what am i suppose to look at? the guy or the car?

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
so what am i suppose to look at? the guy or the car?
How many convertible second gens have you ever seen?Thats only the second one for me....both have been on here.
Ps the guy is dave(aka funkynova66)LOOOOOng time steves member.bm

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Does anyone have an opinion on what that would do to the value of a non-SS car?
I think it would lower it.your chopping up a good second gen....most guys don't want that.Not to mention what it does to the body.Your gonna need to do some big time bracing and supporting to keep the body from twisting(with out the roof)bm

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hmmm.... how much work would it be to do that?
I spoke to the car owner at Lowes in Charlotte. He said he took a top from a 1st gen Nova. It was a beautiful job. :yes:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had this idea a while back.....might be crazy, but:
If enough of us lobby dynacorn(or whomever), I think that a 66-67 convertible complete body would be a good seller, like the camaro conv. bodies available now.
What do ya'll think?

Jeff (lots of convertible weather 'round here)

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
I think it would lower it.your chopping up a good second gen....most guys don't want that.Not to mention what it does to the body.Your gonna need to do some big time bracing and supporting to keep the body from twisting(with out the roof)bm
I don't mind the frame work, I plan on overkilling mine anyways.

And I still have the mindset of "its mine, who cares who else likes it" I just worry about resale in case I run into financial trouble and have to sell stuff to make ends meet. I'd hate to come up way short on the resale if we really needed money someday. I might look into a conversion a little more.

66 vert, Heidts clip, TCI four link, LS1. I think that would be cool.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dave, Nice looking 67 vert. Also nice 66 sedan in the background. Have you got back into a Nova since you sold yours? Jeff

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
If enough of us lobby dynacorn(or whomever), I think that a 66-67 convertible complete body would be a good seller, like the camaro conv. bodies available now.
What do ya'll think?
Unless you could also get a company like PUI to reproduce a convertible top and someone else to make the top retraction mechanism in kit form, I doubt there that there would be enough incentive for LOTS of folks to invest in the 66-67 sheet metal to make it happen.

They do look slick, but they are sort of a one-off envelope pushing project.

·
13,727 Posts
Most of the 66/67 conversions drop a 66/67 body (without top or cowl) over a 62 or 63 convertible structure. Obviously, it's way more complicated than that, but it provides the already strengthened 62/63 convertible tub, convertible cowl/windshield header and a structure already in place for the convertible top mechanics. As a result, you'll notice most of these conversions look just like a 62/63 convert above the fender line. Probably each one is 50% butchered 62/63 convert and 50% butchered 66/67 hardtop. Still, a really neat conversion and they look just like they would have if GM had built them.
Bob

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
a local buddy is building one right now! as bob suggested,he's re-skinning a 63 convert with 66 sheetmetal,dash and cowl.
carl.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts