Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm am new to the thread and I'm sure this question has been posted before
but here it goes. Is there a difference between the headlamp bezel on a
chevy II trim package and SS trim package any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome aboard, this is an awesome site! I have a '67 Chevy II 100 series with 38k original miles, the headlamp bezels on it are the same as SS models. You can see a pic of the car in my albums.

Mike

·
13,807 Posts
Welcome to the site. I see you have a '66. Like the '67, headlight bezels on all '66 Chevy II models are the same.

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have a 66 ss when I purchased the car it was back halved for drag
racing I built the car to run in the nhra 9:90 index but the sport got to
expensive so i am returning it to the streets and maybe race a little on the
weekends. I have a fiberglass front end which was molded after the 67. I am
going to make the front end look as much as original as I can and still keep
the car competitive on the strip. I am planning on putting an aftermarket grill
and bezels on the car, working headlamps and tail lamps, all the stuff to make it
legal on the street. The reason I was asking is the aftermarket bezels are all
over the place for price and the pics look slightly different and even the descriptions are different some say chevy II others say Nova and so on. So I was a little confused. Thanks for the quick reply on this I really appreciate it.

·
13,807 Posts
Yes, it can be confusing, Jeff. In 1966, they were all Chevy IIs. The lowest priced model was the Chevy II 100 series. Next was the Chevy II Nova series and finally top of the line Chevy II Nova SS. Even more confusing is that the 1966 SS didn't have the name 'Nova' on it anywhere, even though it was officially called a Chevy II Nova SS.

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea bob if I'm not mistaken the nova name didn't really take off until the 69 model correct.

·
13,807 Posts
yea bob if I'm not mistaken the nova name didn't really take off until the 69 model correct.
Correct. The Chevy II name was dropped after 1968 and they all became Novas after that.

B.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yep, Bob nailed it.

Interestingly, the 66 Chevy II and SS version uses the same grille and headlamp bezels.

On the 67, the headlamp bezels are the same, but the SS grille has a different paint scheme, with all vertical slats painted black.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts