Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a '67 nova SS and noticed the seats had the access release to make the seat go forward on the back side like some of the later gm cars had instead of the side. Did any stock seats come this way? Everything else seems to match except that.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
One year only seats good luck. I believe all 67 GM cars had the correct Strato bucket seats. The tracks are specific to the Nova

·
13,693 Posts
I guess the next question would be why someone would remove the original bucket seats from a '67 Nova SS and put in ones from a Chevelle? Are you sure the car is an SS?

Bob

·
Registered
2,188 Posts

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
I do not think so,never seen a plastic back side button seat in any GM.The backs and lowers look about like mine did when I bought my car.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I do not think so,never seen a plastic back side button seat in any GM.The backs and lowers look about like mine did when I bought my car.
1968 novas have plastic backs and skirts,1968 chevelles have the same as do gto,olds,buicks. Both 67 and 68 will interchange but metal backs are correct for 1967 , plastic for all 1968 models.

Here is a 68 with plastics and side buttons
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155798

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Learned something today:DI thought all the plastic backs had center release buttons.I guess my 68 Chevelle SS had the wrong seats in it.:eek:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I reupholster seats on the side, I learn new things everyday also.:thumbup: sorry if I was being know it allish. I am far from like that.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Car is a SS. 117 car. Why would anyone remove original seat is beyond me. I also have a '62 I bought a while ago that came with only a back seat. Must be popular to remove the seats where I live.

I guess the next question would be why someone would remove the original bucket seats from a '67 Nova SS and put in ones from a Chevelle? Are you sure the car is an SS?

Bob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts