Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

15,307 Posts
Hi James and welcome to the site. Where in Canada are you located?

Can be difficult to decode the Acadian info, but here goes from my GM Canada data:

VIN: 7 = Acadian, 1335 = Invader 4 door station wagon six cylinder, 7 = 1967, 1 = Oshawa, Ontario, build plant, 104622 = production sequence number.

Cowl Tag: 71335 = Acadian Invader 4 door station wagon six cylinder, 1-5-24 = Production start date, shift 1, 5th month (May), 24th day, Body #825832, Paint 9
= enamel, SS = Sierra Fawn exterior color, Trim 204 = Fawn interior, A33 = power tailgate window, M35 = Powerglide automatic transmission.

Some additional info: There only 325 Acadian Invader six cylinder wagons built in 1967. Yours was a fairly late build in May. The last 1967 Acadians were built on June 27, 1967.
This was also the date of the last Acadians built in Canada, as Acadian production moved to Willow Run, Michigan, beginning in 1968.

Hope this helps you out.

Bob

15,307 Posts
My '67 Acadian Wagon has the last 7 numbers of 1104703, so mine was built after yours. Both of ours are definately a couple of the last Acadian wagons built.
Dez, that '1' after the '7' is the plant designator for GM at Oshawa, Ontario. The last 6 numbers make up the VIN sequence. You guys might be interested to know that only 341
Acadians were built after Dez's and the last Acadian ever built in Canada was an Invader six cylinder wagon on June 27, 1967.

Bob

15,307 Posts
Hello. I am looking for some help decoding my 1967 Pontaic Acadian that i have owned for 33 years.

VIN is 7163771103019

Thanks.
7 = Acadian (it's not a Pontiac), 1637 = 2 door V/8 Canso sport coupe, 7 = 1967, 1 = Oshawa, Ontario build plant, 103019 = production sequence number.

Bob

· Registered
1,889 Posts
7 = Acadian (it's not a Pontiac), 1637 = 2 door V/8 Canso sport coupe, 7 = 1967, 1 = Oshawa, Ontario build plant, 103019 = production sequence number.

Bob
that means post #1's car is not a Pontiac, either? man, even Canadians are confused!

surprised that the cowl tag shape is different than chevy II. wonder how that made sense. ah, the intricacies...

-Rusty

15,307 Posts
that means post #1's car is not a Pontiac, either? man, even Canadians are confused!

surprised that the cowl tag shape is different than chevy II. wonder how that made sense. ah, the intricacies...

-Rusty
Acadian cowl tags were the same shape as Canadian Chevy IIs.

B.

· Registered
2 Posts
Thanks guys. i have owned the car for 33 years now, its has a 327 engine with a 700r with overdrive tranny it which i put in a few years ago. Much nicer cruiser than the 2 speed.

i have installed a disc brake upgrade in the front, CPP upper and lower control arms, 1 inch sway bar, new aluminium radiator, new aluminum heads. Should be ready for summer cruising.

I have decided to remove the power assist components, install a 1966 chevy 2 centre link and install a new power steering gear to upgrade as well as a new column. I have rebuilt the old control valve a few tmes along with the hydraulic ram and figure time to upgrade that since i have it up on stands in the garage now for almost 2 years.

· Registered
66 Nova SS
4,190 Posts
Thanks guys. i have owned the car for 33 years now, its has a 327 engine with a 700r with overdrive tranny it which i put in a few years ago. Much nicer cruiser than the 2 speed.

i have installed a disc brake upgrade in the front, CPP upper and lower control arms, 1 inch sway bar, new aluminium radiator, new aluminum heads. Should be ready for summer cruising.

I have decided to remove the power assist components, install a 1966 chevy 2 centre link and install a new power steering gear to upgrade as well as a new column. I have rebuilt the old control valve a few tmes along with the hydraulic ram and figure time to upgrade that since i have it up on stands in the garage now for almost 2 years.
How about a pic of this car when you have time, we like pics

1 - 12 of 12 Posts