Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the classic industries 1966 trunk ss die cast panel... $ 699.00 do you think its the same company as chevy 2 only sells ? one better than the other? my car is a cruise in driver. my panel is very dull and pitted. your thoughts ? THANK YOU...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm sure only one manufacturer reproduced this panel and no matter who the seller is they come from the same place.

·
14,655 Posts
For my $700 reproduction trunk panel I don't want it to have a disclaimer saying it might have minor flaws. From what I've heard some of the minor flaws are not as minor as others. I guess the question is, can you find a used original one with fewer flaws than the reproductions for $700.

Bob

Reactions: kcmocarguy

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
816 Posts
I thought the one for a 67 was high at $500. I guess it is cheaper because it's out of stock.

·
Vendor
1,936 Posts
Only one manufacturer. Quality is all over the place. Some are really nice, some are not. The poor ones are driver quality and not suitable for a nice car. If Classic has posted a note on their website that to me indicates there are a lot of blem'd ones. I would assume Chevy II Only is filtering out the really egregious pieces.

We had a case of the blems we've been selling heavily discounted. I think there is one left. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Reactions: kcmocarguy

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
816 Posts
I thought I had seen a post recently where somebody had made one with a CNC cutter. I searched last night and never found the post. Was I dreaming?

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
I have a repro that has never been mounted, that has minor flaws that I would sell. If anyone is interested I can take pictures, with the pictures you know what you are getting unlike buying from a dealer.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
i have a nice 67 ss trunk trim that hangs on the wall, just for wall art.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts