Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my paint looks to be almost complete. My buddy was in the neighborhood and took some pics. They finished the rocker panel in black. I had sent some pics of an original Marina blue car with the black paint. My buddy didn't take pics of the rockers but I can see them somewhat in two pictures. The pictures I sent shop for comparison were partially painted, but it looks like the shop shot the whole thing from the front of the rocker to the rear wheel well. If that is acceptable then I guess that would be OK. But why did GM just paint beyond the door and leave the rest blue. Will that be an eye sore when the molding is on and black paint is showing by the rear tire? I am attaching the pictures of what I sent them and what I am seeing on the new paint. The guy who is working with the shop to get my car completed said he has an original yellow car with the black paint. He also told the shop how to paint it. Hopefully the yellow car was also correct. I don't know why the shop did not match up with my pictures.

Attachments

· Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope its the lighting. That looks like 1967 marina blue. 1966 marina blue has more silver in it. Bill's car shows the correct shade.
Thanks. I am checking into that. There is a guy in the area with an original Marina Blue car with Bright Blue Interior. We are trying to get a hold of him to see if he can bring it by. I have also posted on So Cal Novas site to see if anyone has an original paint car. I am getting more frustrated by the minute. I just saw the interior Saturday and it is way off. Looks more greyish green than Blue. Not even close to the exterior paint. I need to get the car rolled outside so I can see what it looks like in natural light. I have seen all Bill's car shots, but each one looks different than the next. It's hard to tell in photos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts