Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! New member here, thanks for letting me in! I have a 66 post car that im currently restoring. I was wondering what everyone is running for rear bench seat if you do not have the original. I would like to retain some sort of original look but that isn't entirely important. Any late model options that fit with little modification? Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
i can't help you on the seat for your 66. but i'll give you a welcome to the nova site.

·
Vendor
1,779 Posts
I doubt anything late model interchanges without extensive modification. There is a current thread on here of a member basically doing this with an A Body rear seat. You can modify a Nova 4-door seat to fit, we have done about a dozen of them. But it takes two to make one. In your case it is likely more cost effective to find the correct seat.

The 1962 - 65 coupe / 2-door sedan rear seat is the same as the '66 2-door sedan. Those seats are not terribly easy to find, but also not impossible. PM me where you are out of, I may be able to help. (y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt anything late model interchanges without extensive modification. There is a current thread on here of a member basically doing this with an A Body rear seat. You can modify a Nova 4-door seat to fit, we have done about a dozen of them. But it takes two to make one. In your case it is likely more cost effective to find the correct seat.

The 1962 - 65 coupe / 2-door sedan rear seat is the same as the '66 2-door sedan. Those seats are not terribly easy to find, but also not impossible. PM me where you are out of, I may be able to help. (y)
I am in Naperville ILLINOIS

·
Registered
421 Posts
A 2000 - 2002 ish Honda Accord and Acura TL rear back seat fits in nicely with little work. Someone else on here figured it out first and I've used them in two Novas. Just need to make simple mounts and can add some side "space fillers" where there is a small gap between the seat and inside panels. I've tried to keep it GM and use a newer Impala back seat but they are too wide, Caddy CTS or late 2000s malibu might work...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A 2000 - 2002 ish Honda Accord and Acura TL rear back seat fits in nicely with little work. Someone else on here figured it out first and I've used them in two Novas. Just need to make simple mounts and can add some side "space fillers" where there is a small gap between the seat and inside panels. I've tried to keep it GM and use a newer Impala back seat but they are too wide, Caddy CTS or late 2000s malibu might work...
Great! Thanks for the info!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts