Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help with my rear leaf spring mounts. What I have on there are some horrible looking super long home made hangers. But I can not find what should be there stock. Any help would be great, pics of what you have or what is stock or contact info to somebody that can help.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,098 Posts
I just looked in the '65 Nova assembly manual, found online here. You can put that in the search bar, the PDF of the assembly manual comes up, and you can check out all the part numbers and pictures.

I love that.

On page 39, you will see the setup for wagons. There is a bracket that bolts to the subframe, and then I think all the hardware is the same as a sedan or coupe: the side plates and bolts appear to be the same, and from my experience with both, they are. It's the brackets for wagon you may need.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Are you looking for a set of 66 leaf spring hangers or you have them already? Because I have a set somewhere in my shop. I just need to go find them. If you are interested let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I have is two steel straps that come down from a plate that appears to be bolted onto the frame. Then the leaf spring is bolted to the middle set of holes on those straps. I am looking at the '65 build manual for wagons and it doesn't look like that, the manual appears to show much shorter hangers.

So yes I am looking for the stock hangers, so I can get rid of these ones I currently have. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
What I have is two steel straps that come down from a plate that appears to be bolted onto the frame. Then the leaf spring is bolted to the middle set of holes on those straps. I am looking at the '65 build manual for wagons and it doesn't look like that, the manual appears to show much shorter hangers.

So yes I am looking for the stock hangers, so I can get rid of these ones I currently have. Thanks guys
Check you private Messages. :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
If you have the brackets that attach to the body then what you need is a stock set of spring shackles. They probably come with new rubber bushings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts