Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

Thanks for having me here, our family wagon has been passed down to my wife and I. My wife's dad was a huge Nova guy, and since he was born in 66 he had to have a 66 Nova. Not only that, but he had to had one of each kind which is where the wagon came into the family. He passed away a few years ago and since then both cars have been stored in different households but now the wagon has made it's way into our household. My first car was a 1970 Plymouth Satellite with a 318 back in 05 and was sold during the recession. Since then I got into 90's Nissans where I picked up my 1991 Nissan 240sx and then began getting it prepped for drifting and other activities over the course of 12 years. Now that I'm a little older and have a kid I wanted something to be able to make memories in that was a cruiser and that's where the 1966 Chevy II Nova wagon comes into play. The wagon was an original 230 and somewhere along the line my father-in-law put a 327 in it and got it moving under it's own power but shortly after it began to sit after health issues and his passing. My current intentions with the car are to make it a decently reliable road worthy car where my family can jump in it and go on a drive. I plan to keep it as original as possible when it comes to the body and paint, the car will likely be repainted the original color at some point but that'll be a while from now. I look forward to seeing all of your setups and grabbing some knowledge. As for what I do, I build high output alternators for a living and if you guys ever have any questions in regards to alternator setups or charging systems please don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy some photos of the Wagon and a bonus photo of my father-in-laws 66 SS:

Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Welcome to the site. Ask any questions about your Nova and multiple people on this forum will help you. It's all about NPHNP. That's Nova People Helping Nova People. Sounds like you have a great plan in getting the wagon road worthy. Good luck with the project and go create some great memories.

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Nova 350/350
146 Posts
Welcome aboard! Don’t sweat the details or worry about perfection. It looks like a cool car as it is. Get it to where you can at least take it on errands around town and make the little things more fun and memorable with your family. Disc brakes, coil overs, fuel injection, AC, etc are all great and I would love them in my Nova, too. These cars were born basic, though, and people managed to drive them everywhere and every day like that. Do winter projects on it and have it up and going before the weather gets nice.
Wagons are awesome!

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
1,792 Posts
Welcome. Great to keep the wagon in the family. Get it safely running and enjoy the ride with your family.

AND, don't let the father-in-law's ride get away from the family either. It and the wagon would make great stable mates.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the site. Ask any questions about your Nova and multiple people on this forum will help you. It's all about NPHNP. That's Nova People Helping Nova People. Sounds like you have a great plan in getting the wagon road worthy. Good luck with the project and go create some great memories.
Thank you so much, I look forward to using this sites resources and gaining knowledge from everyone here.

Welcome aboard! Don’t sweat the details or worry about perfection. It looks like a cool car as it is. Get it to where you can at least take it on errands around town and make the little things more fun and memorable with your family. Disc brakes, coil overs, fuel injection, AC, etc are all great and I would love them in my Nova, too. These cars were born basic, though, and people managed to drive them everywhere and every day like that. Do winter projects on it and have it up and going before the weather gets nice.
Wagons are awesome!
Thank you!

Welcome. Great to keep the wagon in the family. Get it safely running and enjoy the ride with your family.

AND, don't let the father-in-law's ride get away from the family either. It and the wagon would make great stable mates.
Father-in-law's ride is currently in the garage and hiding away until my brother-in-law comes retires from the Army. It's staying as is, but well maintained. Thank you!

Welcome to the site. Nice looking wagon. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
Bob
Thank you!

Welcome. Looks like a very nice ride.
Thank you!

Welcome please share more pictures
Will do as I take more. Thank you!

Welcome, what a nice family air loom
Thank you!

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
2,463 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! Good looking wagon!

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,354 Posts
Welcome to SNS - glad to have you here , and very cool looking wagon.

jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts