Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thanks for adding me! Has anyone installed vintage air with a electric water pump on your car? And just run the ac compressor off of the crank pulley? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thank you, that's what I thought, but when I called to order it and I told them I wanted the low compressor mount and a 2 groove pully so the compressor can just run off the crank since I have a electric water pump, he told me it wouldn't work. I am sure it will work though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sbc and the bracket vintage air shows on the site is adjustable, I don't know why they say I have to run a manual water pump. I just went ahead and ordered everything, I'm sure I will get it to work.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It clearly states in the description " May be driven off crank and fan pulleys or crank pulley only. Requires use of remote fuel pump."

Don't they know their products. Looks like its similar to the bracket Alan Grove sells. Alan Grove was cheaper. :yes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I got my vintage air kit and the low compressor bracket I got will not work because it is sitting to low and hitting the manual rack and pinion. I have a heidts front subframe. The regular high mount bracket won't work either cause I have a electric water pump.

Do anybody have any pics of there vintage air installed with the aftermarket front sub frame? Need some help on mounting compressor. Thanks

·
Registered
1963 Nova coupe, Phoenix Arizona
2,006 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys I have that 106 one and I see the other one that makes it about even with the crank. I am going to give that a try, thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts