Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, im new to the site. sure could use some answers for my nova situation here .. . Im building an SS clone. No show car-just a driver. i got the car as a shell and have been working on it for several years. the car was originally a v8/4spd on the floor but ive converted it over to an 6 cyl automatic w/console. The problem im having is the steering column was all apart when i got it. Im pretty sure the 4speed and auto on the floor columns are the same but any info would be good. I need to come up with a new turn signal switch. the bearing in the one i have is gone. it seems You can get any turn signal switch under the sun, but no-one has the one thats right for this car. Im not considering an aftermarket steering column. just looking for the piece i need to get my nova down the road. Again, any help appreciated! thanks, Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
66' turn signal

hey, thanks for that link for the turn signal switch. I had called a bunch of places-Year 1, Chevy 2 only, Nostelgic Nova etc. they offor two different switches. One is stamped 'Guide' the other i think is 'BPC'. Both have the same kind of connector that connects it to the wiring harness. some of the wire colors are different on the 'BPC' one than the assembly manual shows. Im hoping it still ends up being the one i need. Also, the assembly manual shows exploded views of all of the steering columns except for the auto w/floor console so im hoping that it is the same as the 4 spd. . .will be glad when the steering column saga is over . . .

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
hey, thanks for that link for the turn signal switch. I had called a bunch of places-Year 1, Chevy 2 only, Nostelgic Nova etc. they offor two different switches. One is stamped 'Guide' the other i think is 'BPC'. Both have the same kind of connector that connects it to the wiring harness. some of the wire colors are different on the 'BPC' one than the assembly manual shows. Im hoping it still ends up being the one i need. Also, the assembly manual shows exploded views of all of the steering columns except for the auto w/floor console so im hoping that it is the same as the 4 spd. . .will be glad when the steering column saga is over . . .
I went though all that. Fixed mine about three time and would work great for about 5 or 6 month and go bad again. I got fed up and put in a IDIDIT column.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
One switch has a metal center hub the other is all plastic. Don't remember which is which right now, but can check when I get back to the shop. They aren't hard to get ;) Whatever you do, be sure to get one that comes with an OE style plug, or you will have to use an adapter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts