Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
13,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Nova was born a six cylinder 1966 Sport Coupe. The top has been cut off to make it a roadster. There is no convertible top. I wonder about the overall quality of work when I see amateurish additions like the SS emblem in the middle of the grill, the glove box trim and the cheap bracing in the engine bay. There are some top notch 66/67 convertible conversions out there. IMO, this isn't one of them and it's reflected in the price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Chevrolet-Nova-Custom-Roadster/264362473261?hash=item3d8d3b372d:g:MW0AAOSwJHNdA91H

Bob

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
It has frame connectors, but I don't think those are a substitute for the convertible clamshells that keep the body from sagging. I could be wrong.

I don't think GM cancelled the convertible on 2nd Gens by accident.

·
Super Moderator
3,831 Posts
"I don't think GM cancelled the convertible on 2nd Gens by accident."

Right on. Ford cancelled them in Falcon too, for '66, and Mopar A-body convertibles from '66 on are pretty scarce. That particular market sector was thinning out a bit, GM and Ford were upselling Falcon and Nova convertible buyers to Mustang/Cougar and Corvair or Chevelle.

I still don't think the '66 and '67 Nova convertibles made from '62-'63 donors don't have good conformity for the size and shape of the top matching the '66-'67 lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts