Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Apparently there's a plastic cover that goes over the door, and the emblem + the lock go on over it, hence the reason the lock doesn't fit all that well. I asked this question awile back and got no response. Trying to find one of these door covers is a little difficult too (as they are not reproduced) , I've seen a few on e bay, but they want a fortune for them.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
SS and non SS have the same glove box door. Just one will say SS and one will say Nova. 66 has a plastic piece that's about a 1/2" thick that screws on to the actual door.

66 100 models did'nt have the plastic, just a flat steel door. 67's has a thin plastic piece over the door.

If you're having issues with the lock, I would say you have the wrong door or wrong lock.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
SS and non SS have the same glove box door. Just one will say SS and one will say Nova. 66 has a plastic piece that's about a 1/2" thick that screws on to the actual door.

66 100 models did'nt have the plastic, just a flat steel door. 67's has a thin plastic piece over the door.

If you're having issues with the lock, I would say you have the wrong door or wrong lock.
X2 On that. Or it may not be the lock but the tab that over the lock the little lever hits when you close it they are a pain to adjust if they have been taken off. I like to have never got mine right.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I recall

I believe from my 60's era. there was a stainless trim ring around the lock. As 1meanchevy put it. maybe just a bezel cover that could be plastic. Maybe my dementia finally kicked in, still have a picture of a stainless piece around the lock cly. outside.... in my mind. I will look for some old pics.

Thanks Ross

1 - 6 of 6 Posts