Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the SIZE and LENGTH of the DOOR SCREW that holds the Vent Window Assembly in place for a 1966 Nova 2 Door hardtop?

I found online that the 1966 Chevelle takes a 3 inch screw, but this would be way to long for the 1966 Nova. I can't find any information online to let me know the exact size, thread, length. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
i just looked in my fisher body manual for a 66 ht an couldn't find any info on size. so i looked on my 66 in the garage an all i can say is its a 7/16 hex headed bolt or screw. this is a single bolt in front of the wing vent on the door.

·
Super Moderator
4,103 Posts
I think the three incher might be right, if this is the screw you're thinking of. If not, it is the 7/16 head screw already referred to. Install the wind wing and insert a 3" nail into the hole; if you strike gold at less than 2 1/2 inches, then the short one; over 2 1/2 inches, the long one.

In my stash I have the one 3" screw, but I think it might be the 2 1/2" one next to it with the shoulder. Not sure. Both have the same size head, and I know this takes a special screw.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vent Window Frame - What is the SIZE of the screw that attaches to door?

Thanks for the reply. I think the 3" is too long, I'm going to give a 2.5" a try and see how it works out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts