Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick Question , Does the 66 nova have Headlight Bezel Gasket between Bezel and Fender? if so were would i find some ? have looked at Ecklers and Bobs Nova and Havent seen anything

·
Registered
633 Posts
Even though they only came on a 67, do you know if they would work on a 66 to clean up the gap or is the angle of the 67 headlight bucket too different to make it work?

·
Registered
140 Posts
The headlight bezel is the main difference between a 66 and a 67 body. The cutout in the fender is much bigger on a 67.

67s had a gasket? I don't think so.

·
Registered
633 Posts
The headlight bezel is the main difference between a 66 and a 67 body. The cutout in the fender is much bigger on a 67.

67s had a gasket? I don't think so.
Yep, 67 has a gasket. You can see it on my friends 67 in these pictures. It is that dark line between the bezel and the fender

Attachments

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
i've wondered the same thing. will a 67 head light bezel gasket work on the 66 head light bezel. mine fit nice an tight to the fender, but i think it would look good an maybe keep from chipping the fender paint. an would have get longer bezel screws to hold it all tight.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow, I've had my 67 a long time and this is the first I knew of the seals/gaskets. I guess most don't have them.

And adding them probably makes it look a little better, as it will make up slightly for the not very good fit.

·
14,013 Posts
i've wondered the same thing. will a 67 head light bezel gasket work on the 66 head light bezel. mine fit nice an tight to the fender, but i think it would look good an maybe keep from chipping the fender paint. an would have get longer bezel screws to hold it all tight.
The '67 headlight seals won't fit properly on a '66.

Bob

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
bob.... thanks, its just one of those things ya wonder if it could work.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
A friend of mine put the 67 gaskets on his 63 cause he thinks it looks cool.:no:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts