Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
13,685 Posts
Yes, a rare color combo, but not much else to recommend this car. Missing the hood diecast and lower rear quarter trim. Broken horn rim. Door sills not painted black and body color paint on the lower door sheet metal. Wrong shifter handle, incorrect red line tires and the front bumper appears to be bent. Engine appears to have never seen a detailer. Most all of these things could have been remedied with some work and not a whole lot of money. I can never understand people presenting a car for auction looking like this, especially an L79. If an on-site inspection doesn't uncover any fatal flaws, it could be a bargain for somebody.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Is that an actual color for '66? I have never seen it. Also no resonators.

·
13,685 Posts
Is that an actual color for '66? I have never seen it. Also no resonators.
Yes, 1966 code 'W' Chateau Slate. Was a Super Sport only color. Not very popular and was discontinued before the production year ended.

Correct reproduction Chevy II resonators are difficult to find. John Picolla had some produced a few years ago. Don't know if he still has any. They were expensive.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
3,833 Posts
The car might be worth getting and making right. Not that far away, though an original shifter would be tough, and it will take some $. Depends what you see in person and what the final hammer will be.

Personally, I don't know if the color adds or detracts from the value. And while the blue interior makes it truly unique, this was clearly very few people's choice when buying a '66 SS. You'd really have to want this color combo to step up.

·
13,685 Posts
There were only two interiors for Chateau Slate, blue and black. Don't think I've ever seen blue previously, so this is truly a rare combo. There's no cowl tag picture, so we have to assume blue is original. The exterior has been re-painted as evidenced by the absence of black sills. Lots of questions to be answered for anyone thinking of bidding on this car.

Bob

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I love it, one of my favorite years, engine & color - with a blue interior to top it off!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts