Chevy Nova Forum banner

161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Glad to hear you had a good day at WIR after the thrash to get the car back together. Looking forward to seeing the car in person and meeting You at a local event someday.
Yea,if i recall your not to far away from me. Someday I'm sure we will cross paths. I plan to go back to the track at the end of September for a Friday night. I have been looking over the logs from Saturday and have some ideas on where I can improve and I want to test it out.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Just finished reading the whole build. Great job!
Did you stick with the ”Taurus” fan? How did you mount it?
Thanks! Actually I did not end up using the Taurus fan. It was way to deep(thick) to use in my application. i really needed something as thin as possible. The fan is probably 1/2 inch away from the water pump. I ended up using a ebay fan. It works good. Has a lot of cfm. It does only stay at one speed but honestly its not that loud with it having curved blades, that reduces the noise too.. Plus with the exhaust, you can't hear it running inside the car anyways.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
When I went to the track a few weeks back, the tech inspector let me through with my battery located in the truck. He told me that next time i need to have a shut off switch from the outside side. I didnt want to have to add one because it is a street car, but i guess it won't hurt either. So I ordered the parts and installed it last night. I plan to go to the track this Friday, so i better be prepared.

I used a moroso 4 pole shut off switch along with the linkage kit. Im leaving my tail out for the track, but i am keeping an eye out for another rear taillight that I can drill a hole through to keep the linkage hooked up and have it look nicer. I used a piece of 1 1/4" piece of pipe and welded it to a plate that i mounted to the floor. Then re-purposed a bumper stay off of chev truck and bolted it to the wheel well and welded it to the pipe. Its pretty study. I made it all bolt in so I could remove it when I refresh the trunk.

I added a battery post in the trunk so I could extend the main power and keep the switch fused. I also added a battery post under the hood to extend the alternator wire to the trunk. I used 2gauge wire to the trunk for the alternator.

I choose this placement of the switch so I didnt have to rewire my main wire to the harness. I also didn't want to drill through the body if I didnt have to.

It works great and I plan to turn it up a bit more at the track to see what it's full potential is with the setup.

161 - 164 of 164 Posts