Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

Restoring my 66 and removed a type of flashing that was installed in the top of the door frame below the drip rail where the weatherstrip would make contact with when the door is closed. I was told it’s called weatherstrip molding but for the life of me I can’t find this material. It was two pieces on each side of the vehicle that we’re screwed into the door frame and overlapped each other. I couldn’t save them as the super cool previous owner epoxied them in and sheer metal screwed then down. I had to air chisel the chrome strip off the door.

Any help is appreciated and what the actual description is would be awesome and a vendor . None of the top suppliers knew what it was. I’m thinking it might not be for this car but you could clearly see the screw holes were original and also the original paint was underneath. Seams as though it was designed to not allow the weather stripping to wear the paint off when closing the door?

Paddy 1966

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
There are actually three pieces on each side, there is a small piece that connects the two larger pieces. They are not reproduced and hard to find in good shape. Start hitting the swap meets and search eBay on a regular basis. I may have some extra pieces but I know I don't have any extra connectors. I will look in my attic this evening. Don't get your hopes up, I think I sold them already, but I will check.
Here's another thread with pictures:

https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656747

1 - 2 of 2 Posts