Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some help. I am ready to put disc brakes on the front of my '66. Can anyone tell me if the front brakes from an '86 Monte Carlo will work? And if so, is this more work than it would be if I were to buy something already set up for the '66? Second question: After the install of the brakes, I'm installing air but I'd like to put in a different radiator (running the stock one now) but not sure what to go with that will be sufficient for keeping the motor cool and running the air. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated...I really don't know what to look for when buying the appropriate radiator. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Honestly, I would just buy the disc brake kit. I think CPP offers it for about $500. in doing it that way, you've got a warrenty, and everything is new. TCI has a stock spindle brake kit for about $350, but they use they're own rotors. you did'nt mention what spindle you're using. I used Superior dropped spindles, and 87 regal brake parts, but I did that before alot of the brake kit's were available.

The monte carlo brake's will work, depending on what spindle you're using. With a stock spindle, you need to modify the spindle for a caliper bracket.

as far as radiators, it's up in the air. you can do an aluminu, like a Be Cool, or a factory replacement that many companies like Modern Performance and Chevy II only offer.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
oldschl,,I put the CPP kit on my '67 about 2 weeks ago.This was a very neat install.No need to modify your stock drum spindles as their bracket compensates for this.Also bought the Disc/drum master cylinder with proportioning valve from C2O.You'll need an #7818 Weatherhead 3/16" to 1/4" adaptor to hook up the brake line from the MC to the junction block on the left inner fender well.
I'm not running a power booster and she stops great.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts