Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
15,204 Posts
Great looking '66 SS. Love the fawn interior with sandalwood tan.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
Don't see them like that much anymore, especially a '66 SS. You're buying condition, and you're buying a top tier desirable Nova as well, so the price isn't out of bounds. Fun to drive around--if you dare put any miles on it--just to see what an actual ride from the '60's is like. Wish we had a few engine compartment shots! Bet it sells.

·
Vendor
2,278 Posts
Nice car. Interior color really sets it off.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm local to the car. I reached out to the owner and asked if he ever takes it to any local car shows, since I'd like to see it in person, but absolutely cannot afford to buy it. He said he hates to sell it (who wouldn't) but that he can no longer keep it (didn't get into specifics). If I get to see it in person, I'll try to take some more pictures and share. It is a beautiful car!

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
That is one beauty SS ! Question : Noticed the day/night mirror...did all SS's come with this from factory or was it an option you purchased?
I did some research on the day/night mirror. There's a mention of an alternate mirror in the showroom brochure, but I couldn't find either an RPO number for it or a detailed mention in one of the 'comfort and convenience' groups. In the GM Heritage Center's "1966 Nova Vehicle Information Kit" there's a "Mirror, inside rear view prismatic" mentioned as a dealer-installed option.
And, I'm guessing that the radio was probably dealer-installed as well. I can't ever remember seeing a '66 Nova come from the factory with the antenna mounted on the driver's side.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Here is an order sheet from 1966 Chevy ll...there is no mentioned of a factory mirror (Day/Night)

install on the Chevy ll in 1966. Unless its grouped together in another group?

For what its worth...My 1967 SS has the Day/night mirror. Here is a 1966 SS that has a radio

and it looks to NOT have day/night mirror.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

Attachments

·
15,204 Posts
Dave is correct. The day/night mirror was part of the Comfort and Convenience option and could also be a dealer install. The car in the promotional picture above has a radio and no antenna mounted anywhere! This kind of omission wasn't common in ads of the day. All factory front antennas were mounted on the front passenger side. Optional rears were rear passenger side. Dealer installs could be mounted just about anywhere.

Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts