Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone...I'm new here. I just recently bought a 66 Acadian from a nice older Gentleman. It has bright blue door panels but they are different with a darker blue strip in the middle of the door. Being somewhat rare I am having a hard time finding anyone that would sell or make them. I can put nova bright blue door panels in but would rather stick to originals. Does anybody know where to find these panels. Mine are damaged due to moisture.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The Acadian door panels are not reproduced. One option is to go to SMS Fabrics and get them made, I am sure he has made those door panels. I know he did my panels for a 1964 Acadian Beaumont. The place is slow and costly, but they do good work.

I believe hawkeyejim on this site or on the Canadian Poncho Site made a set of door panels for his 1966 Acadian. Canadian Poncho this site is dedicated to Canadian made Pontiacs, Acadians and Beaumonts.

If you continue to ask around, you may get lucky and find a good used set.

Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Acadian door panels are not reproduced. One option is to go to SMS Fabrics and get them made, I am sure he has made those door panels. I know he did my panels for a 1964 Acadian Beaumont. The place is slow and costly, but they do good work.

I believe hawkeyejim on this site or on the Canadian Poncho Site. Canadian Poncho this site is dedicated to Canadian made Pontiacs, Acadians and Beaumonts.

If you continue to ask around, you may get lucky and find a good used set.

Frank
Thanks for the information Frank.
I will contact sms fabrics. I'm sure it will be pricey but worth it. Happy Thanksgiving!
Mike

·
15,023 Posts
Welcome to the site, Michael. Tell us some more about your 1966 Acadian. Is it a Sport Deluxe? V/8? The cowl tag info will be difficult to decode, because it's entirely different than U.S. built Chevy IIs. If you haven't already decoded it, I have all the GM Canada info to do that. Does the car have GM Canada documentation?

The info Frank passed along is about the best you can do for Acadian door panels.

Bob

Reactions: gopher
1 - 4 of 4 Posts