Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the Daytona spring car show and swap meet. I've been thinking about not having air in my car for the upcoming hot weather and how difficult another summer would be without it. I talked with a few vendors for vintage air....and that's all fine but the price seems so expensive for an under dash unit (almost $900.00). So, right before I left, I thought I would talk with another vendor about a different product. I was very pleased with the service and the amount of time that the owner (Mike) spent with me. He showed me a unit that goes under the dash and comes with everything one would need to install air. The price is $550.00. If anyone is interested in checking out his website, please do so and let me know what you think. I've decided this will be my next project toward the end of May. The website is www.rainbowproducts.com If anyone has pictures of their under dash A/C please let me see them. I have a set of guages that I will have to move...but I figure it would be worth it. I also want to attempt this myself and I was wondering how difficult it might be. Please let me know what you think...I'd love to have air, especially here in Florida. Thanks in advance for all your input.

·
Registered
714 Posts
That's great. I know I am going to want air on mine when I do the rebuild. Wasn't looking forward to shelling out a grand for it either. Let us know how it goes.

N

·
0 Posts
:eek: $900 for an under dash ac unit?! :eek: Wow... my dad has a complete setup, I should try to get it from him.:rolleyes:

I havent driven my car in the heat of summer so I'll see how bad I really want it.

N

·
0 Posts
I guess its worth it for an all original car =\

I'll sweat my butt off for 3 months a year before I spend 1k on air. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts