Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking through the other 1965 posts and wanted to pick your brains on what I wanted to do. I am interested in keeping the look pretty stock for my car, but am interested in 4 wheel disc brakes. Are there steel rims that will work with disc brakes, or am I looking for another needle in haystack? At this point there is no selected kit for the brakes, just starting to try figuring this out.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I am looking through the other 1965 posts and wanted to pick your brains on what I wanted to do. I am interested in keeping the look pretty stock for my car, but am interested in 4 wheel disc brakes. Are there steel rims that will work with disc brakes, or am I looking for another needle in haystack? At this point there is no selected kit for the brakes, just starting to try figuring this out.
not steelies but close...there are rally wheels that will work....14x6 yw or xb code.....check ebay
these are the rallys with original hubcaps....these are disc brake wheels 4 3/8bs....tires 185/70/14

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
You should be able to find wheels off any 1967 & up off Camaro ,Nova Mid, size G-M ,, but if you go with Rallys, you can have 2 looks with 1 wheel, the stock with hub caps, change & go with Rally just a thought

. Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys tank you very much I do appreciate it. That pale yellow car has just the look I am going for. But I hate to really show newbie here. What does a rally wheel look like behind the hub cap? Also where would I find the codes that you mentioned? Are they on the rim itself, or by measuring dimensions?

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Hey guys tank you very much I do appreciate it. That pale yellow car has just the look I am going for. But I hate to really show newbie here. What does a rally wheel look like behind the hub cap? Also where would I find the codes that you mentioned? Are they on the rim itself, or by measuring dimensions?
The code is on the wheel
look here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-ORIGINAL-14X6-XB-CODE-RALLY-WHEELS-SUPER-SPORT-CAMARO-NOVA-CHEVELLE-MALIBU-/190695022201?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c664f1e79&vxp=mtr

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
rallys that are xg code will work these were nova wheels in 68 &69
Three questions on Rally Wheels:
What are the sizes of the XB & XG wheels?
Are the bolt patterns the same to fit a '65 Nova?
Is there an issue of the 15" wheels and wheel well clearance?

Input....I need input. :) Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts