Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
very good looking 65 nova. the add says, rare nova only rallys 14 x 5'' rallys didn't come on novas til the 67 model right ?

·
Registered
325 Posts
In the pictures, the driver's side has hubcaps, and the passenger side has rally wheels.
there are pics of drivers side with both full hub cap and center cap/outer ring
maybe the same wheels just changed the which caps/ring combos to use

still pretty nice car, be interesting to see what it goes for being 327 SS but not L79 (nor claiming to be)

full cap.png

center.png

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
True, those wheels weren't offered in that year. They look good on the car, but not stock. Very rare and desirable '65 with original drivetrain and papers, and a great color combination. I take issue with the aluminum intake, incorrect air cleaner and chrome valve covers, what seems to be an aftermarket '66 radiator and plastic shroud, and there are are a few other persnickety things that could be addressed, but they could be addressed. This car would need a lot of in person verification of what the claims are, but if true, it's a fantastic car.

After all that work, somehow get the R.F. fender, hood and hood bar trim to line up a little better, please. The rest of the body alignment on the car looks great!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yep, beautiful '65. Definitely would need to have someone verify all of the numbers, etc. But, will likely bring a very high price.

·
14,655 Posts
Brand new restoration of a very rare car. I guess the dull looking Chevy II L74 engine wasn't glitzy enough, so they added an aluminum intake, chrome accents and a Chevelle L79 air cleaner. Strange thing to do, but the car will probably be purchased by someone who has no clue they didn't come this way. As mentioned above, lots of other items added that weren't available in '65 .....rally wheels, red lines, simulated wood steering wheel, etc. The SS wheel covers are 63/64 (no black accent). The radio currently in the dash does not appear to be the rare 1965 AM/FM shown on the window sticker. With the aging they can do on reproduction window stickers it's hard to know whether you're looking at an original or not. All I'll say is, I've never seen a '65 window sticker with so many options on it. Could be legitimate. This is going to be an interesting car to watch at auction.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
Interesting comments. VERY similar cars, but the top of the line 327 and the 12 bolt it came with, not just for performance but extreme rarity, will add a bunch. Keep in mind that there were 10 times the number of L79s made in '66 as there were L74s in '65, whatever the body style and trim. I think few of the typical Mecum bidders will know what it is really, or even the changes made to it, so Bob's likely right: will likely be won by someone having no idea what they just bought. But a cool car without a doubt, and for 1965 at the very least, a Mustang hunter.

$35K would be armed robbery. Because there are so few true comps it's hard to know.

I'm picking a nit here, I know. And it's a beautiful car, no doubt. I love '65s. But with such a nice resto, can't you find a way to make both the brake and clutch pedal be at the same height at rest? That would keep me up at night.

·
Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
1,007 Posts
I'm picking a nit here, I know. And it's a beautiful car, no doubt. I love '65s. But with such a nice resto, can't you find a way to make both the brake and clutch pedal be at the same height at rest? That would keep me up at night.
Boy, you are a tough customer. I hadn't noticed that. Makes me want to go out to the garage and look at mine.

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
Not nearly as tough as some. That one's just a pet peeve, and in the car at auction, they aren't close.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts