Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
13,679 Posts
Wow, not many 65s in Glacier Gray, which was an SS only color. Lots of documentation and it appears to have all the rare '65 SS exterior trim. The seller gives no source for the stated production figures, just that 'he was told'. I've never seen figures for 1965 283 Super Sports with a 4 speed, but there sure as heck weren't many in Glacier Gray :)

Bob

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
That's a very cool car! I'm a big fan of GG.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If this car was closer I would probably own it. My brother owned one in blue. I didn’t realize they only made 100.

·
13,679 Posts
I didn’t realize they only made 100.
The seller says 'he was told' there were 'around' 100 195HP/283CID Super Sports with 4 speeds made in '65 and this is 1 of 3 known to still exist. That's pretty vague. I've never seen these figures published anywhere and doubt their accuracy.

There were 9100 Nova SS coupes built in 1965 and 4800 of them were V/8. About 500 SS cars had the 327, so that leaves about 4300 with the 195 and 220 horsepower 283 engines. It's hard to believe only 100 of the 195s were 4 speeds, as it was the standard V/8 engine in Super Sports.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
3,831 Posts
It's a neat car. It's no quarter miler with the 283/195, but no dog either with the manual trans and about 3100 lbs curb weight. Aren't a heck of a lot of 2bbl cars with dual exhaust, either, and I'd like to see what that looks like under the car. Probably not much left of the pipes if the trunk is any indication.

Still a car that will get a restoration, at least I hope. I'm not a fan of the color but I'm sure there are fans, and with the black interior and SS trim AND the documents, I bet someone goes after it. You'll have the only one on your block.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If this car was within a 10 hour drive, I would definitely consider purchasing it.

I would just fix the floors from that donor car and drive it. I would not do a full restoration on it.

Frank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts