Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the entire floor from my 65 2 door nova and like an idiot did not take any measurements that would allow me to locate the rearend under the frame rails outside of the car body. I have the mid floor, trunk floor, and frame rails mocked up on jackstands so I can modify it to accept a canted 4-link and 9" rearend but I don't have a good dimension to locate the rearend with. Could somebody with an assembled car tell me an accurate dimension from where the rear frame rail mounts to the back of the car to the rearend axle tubes? Any other measurements you could give relative to the frame rail would also be helpful.

I am also trying to mock it up for proper ride height. Can some of you with your cars sitting low (but not on air ride) give me a measurement from the ground to the bottom of the rockers. If your car sits with some rake a measurement from the ground to the front of the rocker and from the ground to the rear of the rocker would be great.

A final useful measurement would be the distance from the ground to the bottom of the trunk floor at the rear most part of the trunk.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I already took a shower tonight so, im not going to go around crawling and getting measurements, but I have something almost just as good for you to look at.

http://novaresource.org/dimensions.htm

Axle placement for a stock is going to be 110 inches from the front spindle. Once you get your placement measurement right everything should be straight forward.

-DD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, it will give me a good starting point. Unfortunately I have the front clip removed from the car and I am replacing it with a chassisworks clip that changes the wheelbase so I want to reference the rearend location from another measurement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts