Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Nova - Drag Car
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all! I recently aquired a fairly rough '65 that I plan to salvage for Drag Racing. It is an empty roller, but has all the panels and glass intact, if rusty in some areas.
The LM7 (5.3L) is being built this winter, to be paired with a 78mm turbo. TH400 and 9 inch will handle the power. I am starting to measure and mockup for a back-half chassis. It will be a bare-bones shell used for the track.
Any recommendations for a smooth firewall look?

·
Premium Member
'63ss, 63ss convert, 67 4 door, '67 2 door sedan, '67 Acadian wagon
533 Posts
Greeting, and welcome! It sounds like a fun "project". When you get time, and as you progress, please post pictures. Don't be afraid to ask questions. There are a TON of Nova owners here more than willing to help. Good luck, and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
2,061 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like a fun project.

Regarding your question on firewall clean up, you could either weld up all the existing holes you won't be using or welding on flat sheet metal making sure you have clearance for valve covers, distributor, master brake, headers, steering column, etc. Slick it out and paint it.

·
Registered
1965 Nova - Drag Car
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ordered a back half kit from S&W today. Might as well save 10%.

Roughly 36" inside the wheels, so I went with a 26" wide frame. Gives me 5" to "grow". LOL
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

Here is the "before" pic.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light

1 - 11 of 11 Posts