Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I look for some misc items, wanted to post some of them here. just in case someone has them laying around and in good condition.

Looking for the two little brackets that bolt to each end of the grille... the bottom of the bracket bolts to the bumper filler panel, the top of the bracket bolts to the end of the grille and the bezel that goes on the fender (over the headlights)...
I believe mine would look like this...

also need the center hood latch support bracket (looks like a long c)... the bottom bolts to the core support, the top bolts under the filler panel and hood latch...
looks like this...
View attachment 406210

before i buy the reproduced ones, looking for the outer rings and retaining rings also... the bezel/rings that go over the headlights...

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
OK, I'm gonna mess up your day. Here are some photos of my '65 headlight assemblies and that assembly to bumper
filler brackets. Mine are totally different than those used on the '62-'64 Novas. Nobody could tell me as to whether
these were used on all the '65 Novas or if they were used only on late productions as my Nova was built in July '65.

Note the yellow arrows on the assembly photos. There is a hole that would allow a screw to be inserted and mate
with the top plastic piece on the filler bracket where it is offset. The brackets on both sides are exactly the same.
The bottom plastic piece mates to the grille on both sides. I hope you can see what I am talking about in the attached
photos.

HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY MOUNTS -B.jpg

Valence brackets RH.jpg

Valence brackets LH.jpg

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
OK, I'm gonna mess up your day. Here are some photos of my '65 headlight assemblies and that assembly to bumper
filler brackets. Mine are totally different than those used on the '62-'64 Novas. Nobody could tell me as to whether
these were used on all the '65 Novas or if they were used only on late productions as my Nova was built in July '65.

Note the yellow arrows on the assembly photos. There is a hole that would allow a screw to be inserted and mate
with the top plastic piece on the filler bracket where it is offset. The brackets on both sides are exactly the same.
The bottom plastic piece mates to the grille on both sides. I hope you can see what I am talking about in the attached
photos.
I believe the manual indicates that there was a revision, etc. (to the headlight buckets/assembly)... i believe some sort of bracket was used on all 65s, because the ends of the grills and the lower corner of the fender trim around the headlight bolts to it... definitely could have changed a couple of times.. in theory, i would think any of them would work, as it can be cut/modified and not attached to the bucket... or a hole added to the bucket and attached... etc... but there are a ton of parts on the 65s that are different, one year only... and even between them, seem to be different from ones assembled earlier to later... they all seem to be fairly simple to interchange the parts between them... also seems to be less parts support for first gens and even less for 65.

my main headlight buckets look like yours, just without any additional hole for attaching any bracket... the plastic retaining clip on the bottom commonly breaks (and is broken on mine)... the clip slips into the rectangular hole on the bottom of the outer headlight bezel/ring... saw an aftermarket piece on gmclassics/chevy2only to replace that...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts