·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
That looks great John! I'd love to see pics of the whole car too!:yes:

Sent you a PM...

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
4-spd, 2-spoke OEM wood wheel, AC, factory AM/FM.... I like!!!! :)

Question: What hub did you use to install the wheel on a 62-65 column?

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
nice verrrry nice ...:yes: I really like it ALOT :yes: :turn::turn::turn:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Now that's cool. I like the way the dial face flips between the AM and FM scales. From back in a time when mechanical engineers roamed the earth freely...
Thats EXACTLY the same thing I thought when I saw the flippable radio dial in my '69.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
HMMMMMM...... would'nt you like to know!!!

Just from your question i can see you know about novas.....lol
Awe... c'mon... you aren't going to tell us? :confused:

I don't think that 64-66 Wheel was ever a factory accessory, and I don't think Impala or Chevelle wheel hubs are the right OD for the Nova Column (I could be wrong), and I *think* corvair wheels had different spines. The suspense is killing me! :)

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
john65ss

Here you go. I took a 65-65 Chevelle hub which has a 3/8" smaller diameter than the 62-65 Chevy II.This hub is for the two spoke wheel. The later 68 Camaro three spoke wheel has the correct diameter but the three spoke design will not work with a two spoke wheel. It will have a gap.

In the first picture is the Chevelle hub that has been built up with flame spray. Flame spray is simply spraying on molten metal. This is typically used in the aerospace industry to rebuild valuable parts for re-machining. At work we can spray nickel,chrome,titanium and others. In this case we used aluminum which is the same material as the base metal.On top of the aluminum you see a coating of teflon.We sprayed on about 1/2" of aluminum to give us enough material to machine down to the proper diameter.After the machining was done I sanded it,primed and painted.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
It's in beautiful condition.

One of the rarest Nova options of all-time if not the rarest.
Through the years i thought they sold less than 200.The latest info says they produced around 260 units.None were sold over the counter under the part number 986252.I have seen 3 in my lifetime.

Another rare option is the wagon split 60/40 rear seat.I have seen only 2 or 3.

·
0 Posts
Thats a $2,500 head unit:rolleyes: If you sold it plus all that L79 crap under the hood that your not showing anybody. You could build another car:yes:

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thats a $2,500 head unit:rolleyes: If you sold it plus all that L79 crap under the hood that your not showing anybody. You could build another car:yes:
I sold the last one for more than that. I would not sell this radio for even $3000....no matter how broke I am......this was a gift from my father. He kept this radio in his armoire throughout my childhood.He never put it in his convertible for the fear of getting his top sliced open.Instead he always used an FM convertor. I feel bad for selling the other one.:(but it couldn’t have gone to a nicer guy or nicer car.:yes:

I’m a nice punk though........:D

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I figured that there was some 'magic' involved with that steeing wheel hub. Very cool!!! :)

So will you be offering this service to others SNS members? :devil: :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts