Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as usual I've ended up ordering the wrong parts. I decided to buy some new hood springs so I googled 1965 Nova Hood springs and summit racing came up so I ordered GMK-4010-211-64. Again, not paying attention to what I was doing I ended up with springs for a 1963-64 Nova which have smaller coils, are slightly longer and the end loops are not in the same configuration as the '65s. The problem is that I can't return them to exchange for 1965 springs as it doesn't look like they offer them. Classic industries show they have them but looking at the photo on their website shows the loops on the end as not being in the same configuration as my '65 originals. What is real nuts is that both of their websites show stainless springs that look exactly like the '65 springs but are $120. So, now I'm here.

Has anyone bought new '65 hood springs and where did you get them? The easiest things seem to be giving me the worst problems here lately.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
I ordered springs off of ebay but can't remember who? but when you order measure the spring height and how many coils that are in it that helps when getting the right springs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts