Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for the hardware to secure the glovebox door/hinge assembly to dash. I think it’s three little cone nuts. I can’t find mine and need to give to painter.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
they are unique because of their size. i tried to find folks with them, but came up empty.

hope you have better luck.

-Rusty

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,673 Posts
Been looking for those acorn nuts for years with no luck. The manual says they are GM 9417611. If you find a source be sure
to post it here. NPHNP you know.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
What about this company?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
What about this company?
Try AMK Products (amkproducts.com) and put in part # G-5985 which they show in their online catalog as 4 small, phillip head screws for the 65 Nova glove box door. I will check my stash of 64 and 65 Nova glove box doors and see if I have any of those screws.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i "solved" the size and depth issue using washers for metal roofing that have the dual metal/rubber underneath the standard acorn nut--worked pretty well. i can take a picture if you wish.

-Rusty

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just need the acorn nuts. The three studs are there. Be great if you had them.

Try AMK Products (amkproducts.com) and put in part # G-5985 which they show in their online catalog as 4 small, phillip head screws for the 65 Nova glove box door. I will check my stash of 64 and 65 Nova glove box doors and see if I have any of those screws.

Chuck
[/QUO

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i "solved" the size and depth issue using washers for metal roofing that have the dual metal/rubber underneath the standard acorn nut--worked pretty well. i can take a picture if you wish.

-Rusty
That would be great especially if I can’t come up with originals

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,673 Posts
I’m looking for the hardware to secure the glovebox door/hinge assembly to dash. I think it’s three little cone nuts. I can’t find mine and need to give to painter.
Looking at the assembly manual, it showed the illustration of the glove box and hinge on page 9. The nut PN being 9417611
and the special washer as being 3791124. AMK doesn't show either of these parts listed in their catalog or on their website that
I could find. Rusty, it sure would be nice if you could dig up the source and part number of the washers you used in place of the
original special washer shown on the Assembly Manual page 9 item 14. A photo would be nice for us that would have to go looking
at a home-depot or lowe's. :)

The AMK part number G-5985 that Chuck suggested is listed as being a pan head screw ( #8 X 3/8 PH PN BT PHOS) which is
also the AMK part number B-11143. This screw is shown on Page 9 item 8, of the Assembly Manual as being used to secure
the Plastic Dash Trim to the glove box and rest of the dash. The screw is also illustrated on Page 10 item 13.

Acorn type nuts are hard to find since they are special and unless someone has already bought a replacement and can point
us to the source, taking the hinge to the store will probably be the only way to find them. If anyone can help us find some of these,
I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
gentlemen, sorry for the delay.

here is a pic of the washers on (in the shadow, but look left across from the "Washers" label) and the box they came in.

when you look at normal level, you only see the domed nut. you could paint the washer black, but since you you have to go under the dash to see, saw no reason to.

hope this helps.

-Rusty

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
well you used 3-4 washers i guess now you have a few left over from the 100 count. i didn't look at my 66 but the hing must connect a little different.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
well you used 3-4 washers i guess now you have a few left over from the 100 count. i didn't look at my 66 but the hing must connect a little different.
Away from home right now but will be home tomorrow afternoon. I am pretty sure that I have some acorn nuts in one of my parts bins that came off a Nova I was parting out 25 or so years ago. Let me check tomorrow and I will get back to you if I have some.

Thanks,
Chuck

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Away from home right now but will be home tomorrow afternoon. I am pretty sure that I have some acorn nuts in one of my parts bins that came off a Nova I was parting out 25 or so years ago. Let me check tomorrow and I will get back to you if I have some.

Thanks,
Chuck
Just went through my parts bins and came upon 2 unopened packages of 5 acorn type nuts per package in the original blue GM wrappers. In addition to the acorn type nuts there are also 5, fiber looking washers that are probably used in between the acorn nut and whatever it attaches to for noise prevention or better adhesion. I just don't know. Wish the packages had part numbers but the probably wore off years and years ago. Does this sound what you might be looking for?

Thanks,
Chuck

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hey Chuck, I could use 3 of them acorns if you are able to part with them. Pm me what you want for them. Thanks, Scott

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Hey Chuck, I could use 3 of them acorns if you are able to part with them. Pm me what you want for them. Thanks, Scott
Hi Scott,
I was hoping to get a response from novakid65 to see if these acorn nuts are what he needs for his car and how many he needs. I am sure that I will have enough left for you. I may even make a run down to National City to my favorite automotive molding clips and other trim pieces to see if they carry these acorn nuts. Never hurts to have 15 or 20 of them in my parts bin for future requests. :)

Thanks,
Chuck

1 - 20 of 29 Posts