Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Help, my Cowl is done for. I was told that the 66 would work. UHHHH nope will not window is diff. between 62-65 and 66-67. Does anyone make a aftermarket. I'm lost not sure what to do???? Send and SOS please.

·
Super Moderator
3,994 Posts
Need a better description. Entire cowl or the vent at the top under the window, and that panel? Not reproduced, as far as I know.

·
Vendor
1,831 Posts
There are a few random pieces repoped and also that place that stamps window channel if that is rusty. I have a couple entire firewall / cowls cut off from parts cars, including one off a '65. But yes, need to know what sections you need.

The windshields are the same 1962 - 67 but differ between body style. The cowl panel, dash and related sheet metal is indeed different from '65 - '66.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I 'm looking for complete Upper Cowl like available for 66-67. I have cut mine out at factory welds , every spot weld there is a lot. I have the window channels and pillars.

1966-67 Chevy II/Nova Cowl Top Vent Grill

·
Vendor
1,831 Posts
OK, that is very helpful. Will send you a PM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need Help, my Cowl is done for. I was told that the 66 would work. UHHHH nope will not window is diff. between 62-65 and 66-67. Does anyone make a aftermarket. I'm lost not sure what to do???? Send and SOS please.
not sure if your still looking for a upper cowl vent. but I had a 1964 4 door that i used for part and kept the complete upper cowl if you can use it i would be willing to sell it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Well I know the sedan has a taller windshield but never heard anything about the width being different, if the bottom width of yours is the same as a 66,67 you should be fine. No first hand experience just my observation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
not sure if your still looking for a upper cowl vent. but I had a 1964 4 door that i used for part and kept the complete upper cowl if you can use it i would be willing to sell it.
Hey Shawn,
If you have that 64 Cowl vent available, I am interested... My 65 was pinched bad by the hood in a Front end accident by the PO. Let me know if you are willing to part with it.
Thanks, David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any chance you still have that 64 sedan cowl panel, ive been searching for one with no luck!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I can't see what the difference would be in the 66-67 part versus the 62-65. All the hardtops 62-97 use the same windshield and I think the firewalls only differ in the upper corners where the fenders attach. You might be able to adapt the 66-67 with only slight changes but I would try to look over another car to compare to before ordering parts. Good luck.

·
Vendor
1,831 Posts
The top cowl skin (the piece we see) is different enough on the ends between the two gens to make interchange difficult. The difference in shape also carries into the structural sheet metal under it where the cowl panel mounts at the ends. The center area of both the cowl and firewall are very similar, the main differences being bolt holes and such for mounting things like the heater ducts. It is one of those things where yes, they are pretty darn close, but the differences are enough to make interchanging a pain.

This general center area is the same on all the body styles except convertibles. The A pillars and roof are where the differences kick in for the windshield sedan vs. coupe.

Reactions: buccflyer

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't see what the difference would be in the 66-67 part versus the 62-65. All the hardtops 62-97 use the same windshield and I think the firewalls only differ in the upper corners where the fenders attach. You might be able to adapt the 66-67 with only slight changes but I would try to look over another car to compare to before ordering parts. Good luck.
Right, ordered a 66 cowl and compared, outboard sides are quite different. Would require too much fab work, hoping to find a used one instead. Picture shows the diff, 66 on top of 64 cowl.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am looking for a 64-65 chevy Nova 4 door cowl panel for the windshield. We ordered a 66 but it doesn't fit for it. If anyone has any information on where to get one it would be great. Thanks!

·
Vendor
1,831 Posts
Hello, I am looking for a 64-65 chevy Nova 4 door cowl panel for the windshield. We ordered a 66 but it doesn't fit for it. If anyone has any information on where to get one it would be great. Thanks!
I can help with this. Send me a private message (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts