Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These eyebrows were in the trunk of a 62 nova I just bought. Pretty sure they are off of a 65 but just checking.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really don't know what they are worth??? I know on e-bay they go for big bucks but I don't think thats a good reference because everything I see on there that I'm interested in I think is too high.

Also are 65 fenders the same as 62-64 because the eyebrows line up with the fenders I have?

thanks
Bret

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
65 Eyebrows Not worth it!!!

While my car sits in the driveway waiting for me to muster enough money and courage to get it back on the road...while it sits there day in and out...it's starting to look like someone might just... I decided to PLUCK IT'S EYEBROWS OFF and throw them in the garage!!!!! Yeah if they are worth that much then i don't want some jerk running into my driveway trying to steal them. What if i am not home and my wife is alone....This is ridiculous.

Would someone please re-pop these damn things in plastic and retail them for $29 so I don't have to lose sleep anymore. For Cryin Out Loud! It's stupid. Where are the Chinese manufacturers when you need them? Ha ha.;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw that set go for $610 (holly cow) and I figured it was worth a shot so I put my set on ebay. I don't expect that will happen twice but I sure wouldn't complain.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Fredsgarage.tv said:
While my car sits in the driveway waiting for me to muster enough money and courage to get it back on the road...while it sits there day in and out...it's starting to look like someone might just... I decided to PLUCK IT'S EYEBROWS OFF and throw them in the garage!!!!! Yeah if they are worth that much then i don't want some jerk running into my driveway trying to steal them. What if i am not home and my wife is alone....This is ridiculous.

Would someone please re-pop these damn things in plastic and retail them for $29 so I don't have to lose sleep anymore. For Cryin Out Loud! It's stupid. Where are the Chinese manufacturers when you need them? Ha ha.;)
The previous owner of my car used a sheet metal screw with a security head that you needed a special adapter to get if off....now I know why and that was 3 years ago!!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
fuzzy5385 said:
I saw that set go for $610 (holly cow) and I figured it was worth a shot so I put my set on ebay. I don't expect that will happen twice but I sure wouldn't complain.
It's guys like you that get me sick!:mad:

·
Registered
44 Posts
1965 eyebrows

Look at the bid history the price was intensionally driven up smells like a rat to me. I'll bet either thet get relisted or someone get's a second chance offer to buy them for less. I see this all the time on Ebay. Have you ever seen them sell for this much? No, and you probably won't again.The guy from Calexico sells the repops on Ebay for around $200 bucks all the time. :mad:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Go Re-Pops all the way.

Hang the Gougers! Greed ruins this hobby!

I just want to drive my car and park it now and then without some f#*k lookin to size up the parts he can steal in a parking lot for his next meth buy.

Sorry I get a little hot on this subject sometimes.:mad:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys can really bust balls.

All I want is some cash to buy some parts that I actually need and Ebay looked like the best option, I'll know better next time

·
Registered
114 Posts
The name of the game is supply and demand....if I didn't need my spares, I'd be throwing them up there as well. Fuzzy, you may not get half the price of that auction but whatever you do get can go towards other parts for your car....makes sense to me....Good Luck!!

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
I guess NPHNP goes right down the crapper when taking about the value of eyebrows. I'd rather sell in the classifieds here on the site to a guy who sincerely needs parts for his resto rather than ebay, which for me would be a last resort. I've sold a couple items here that I could have sold on ebay for much more, but I got what I wanted and didn't feel a need to gouge anyone.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
I had rather post them here also to start with but then they will have to hit Ebay. I am not sure all the guys here look at the classifieds.
JR:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
:confused:
I'm new here but MAN, is there a lot of hate or what??? Fuzzy......do what you have to do to help fund your ride!! I checked out your auction when it started and your starting price was $40 and no reserve. Now that don't sound like gouging to me, now if you had put a $300 reserve then yea. That's the great thing about ebay, the seller doesn't set the price, the bidders do so if someone wants to pay $600, let em. I sell stuff on eBay not to gouge people, but so that I can get the most out of what I have to sell so I can buy what i need. I've done plenty of "good buddy deals" in my life but that doesn't help me buy parts. Maybe some people here are mad cause they don't have the opportunity to make some easy cash for their project. I don't think it's greed at all, more like necessity to me. If it helps provide a means to your end goal, do it. At least you are not just sitting on them cause "they will be worth more someday". Everyone knows how hard it can be to come up with the extra money to buy the lastest and greatest for our cars especially on a budget and in todays economy. Easy money is hard to come by so MORE POWER TO YA BROTHER!!!!!!

my .02c :cool:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I want to know how I am gouging people?????

Am I forcing them to bid...NO

Did I set a high price.....No

Am I running up the bid myself....NO

Did I buy them cheap to make a profit....NO

So please explain???

Itsjustme and Keez thanks for the support

1 - 20 of 32 Posts