Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just had put in a 350 with a 350 turbo automatic.. im a novice at best at this so be warned. My buddy is much more knowledgeable but not completely and he says that my rear end will be highly inadequate for my engine, and suggested a older monte carlo rear end that we could change the mounts for the leafs and put in.. i have no clue what this rear ends specs or anything are but my main question is: im sure the rear end is inadequate but i dont want to change out the whole thing unless its for something definitely better and definitely going to work. im on a budget what should i do?

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Dont sweat it.. unless your running traction bars and sticky tires.... you wont hurt the stock 8.2 ten bolt...

Now if your out pounding the snot out of it, with a trans brake and a 4500+ converter... then you may have a problem....

even a 400hp SBC with a T350 and 3k stall.. the "LIL" 8.2 would handle that....

it all depends on how you treat the car whether the "UP GRADE" is warranted

Good luck Veno

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The weakest point is the factory axles. They are a simple upgrade, and it should be just fine. I've been running a 400 sb with a turbo 350 for years as a daily driver that I also have fun with and haven't had any problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts