Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
14,156 Posts
This could be a rust bucket. When you can see this much rust, it's likely there's at least that much again you can't see. Also, how could they know this is 1 of 3 remaining that are still registered? Maybe in Arizona?

Bob

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
This car has made the rounds of chat among some local Nova guys, with largely the same result. Rare? Yes. Cool? Very. But can you make a nice restoration out of it? You can, but it will kill you financially. Definitely NOT one of those cars you can drive for a year or two before taking it apart--it goes straight to the rotisserie. And with terminal values of restored '65 SS cars (even 4-speed cars) what they are, this would have to be the exact car you want, and you should be sitting on $40K to make it right, which puts you over budget for breaking even.

Makes me appreciate all the rustless or near rustless survivors, regardless of body style or drivetrain.

·
14,156 Posts
Hard to tell from the pictures and the weathered paint, but do you know if this '65 SS is Glacier Grey?

Bob

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,069 Posts
I would be "Surprised" if it spent it's entire life in Arizona

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
In addition to all that... I'm putting on my 'grammar police' badge for a minute.

Did all the ebay/Facebook advertisers sleep through English class? 'Sale' is a noun, 'sell' is a verb. You don't 'sale' a car, you 'sell' it.

Just one more burr under my saddle... :rolleyes:

·
14,156 Posts
In addition to all that... I'm putting on my 'grammar police' badge for a minute.

Did all the ebay/Facebook advertisers sleep through English class? 'Sale' is a noun, 'sell' is a verb. You don't 'sale' a car, you 'sell' it.

Just one more burr under my saddle... :rolleyes:
Ranks right up there with the untold numbers of people sleeping through grade school when they taught how to correctly use 'seen' and 'saw'. :rolleyes:

B.

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
A trip to the media blaster and the car could be swept into a pile of dust when done....
Really...'sir, I know we blasted your Nova, but I'm afraid nothing could be done. There wasn't anything left.'

The car IS an original Glacier Gray car, and very rare for that. But with the brown accents on the lower 3 inches of the car, it isn't as pretty. Be nice to have one done that's a 4-speed in that color, but structurally it's going to be tough to make it all the way back. Pictures only show the rust that can be seen now; can't see inside the cowl, pillars, etc.

·
14,156 Posts
What a beautiful car this Glacier Grey Nova SS must have been when it was brand new. Maybe even sat proudly in a Chevrolet dealers showroom until it was sold. I remember the introduction of the 65's very well (oh, oh!):). The one I had my eye on was actually a 1965 Acadian Canso Sport Deluxe, white with a saddle interior. I just couldn't get the dealership on the same page I was on, so ended up with a 1965 Falcon with the Sprint package. Below is a picture of a 1965 Acadian Canso SD (equivalent to the '65 Nova SS) with a 283 PG. This Danube Blue car is like new and I believe still resides somewhere on Vancouver Island. Only 274 V/8 SD Acadian Cansos were built in 1965. Good luck trying to find 4 of those SD wheel covers!

Bob

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
I've never seen one of those '65 Acadian Canso SDs. Holy moly! Great color, and it looks like a GM decided to give Canadians a 'Best of 1st Generation Trim' extravaganza. That's a pretty dressy looking car, and super rare, I'm sure. Good looking car, and probably one of less than a score left like it.

·
14,156 Posts
I've never seen one of those '65 Acadian Canso SDs. Holy moly! Great color, and it looks like a GM decided to give Canadians a 'Best of 1st Generation Trim' extravaganza. That's a pretty dressy looking car, and super rare, I'm sure. Good looking car, and probably one of less than a score left like it.
Here's a drivers side pic.

Contrary to popular belief in some car circles, Acadians were not built by Pontiac. They were assembled in the GM multi brand plant at Oshawa, Ontario, along with various models of Chevrolets, Pontiacs, Oldsmobiles, Buicks and even trucks. Acadians were always slightly upscale from Chevy IIs with things like pot metal grills and tail light bezels.

You'd think the '65 Canso SD peak trim molding would be the same as 1963 Nova SS, which was built in the same plant, but it isn't. It's a different profile. As a result, it's virtually impossible to find today and many of the few '65 SD Acadians that have been restored have Nova peak trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Like I said, a lot of work, but it could be brought back
Thankfully most of the parts I need seem to be available and I do body and paint for a living so it’ll just be lots of welding and grinding. It’s a shame it was left out to rot for so long. It’s a cool car. It’s had one old school repaint but the original glacier grey is poking out everywhere...it’s a bitchin color.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,069 Posts
wouldnt come up for me
If you are talking about the original ad the car sold in May of 2019. Jared we are up for some pictures if you have any.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts