1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1964novass - 1964 Nova SS - Factory V8

Year: 1964

Model: Nova SS

Engine: 414 SBC - Bowtie block 4.125 bore, 3.8750 stroke Scat forged crank, 6" H beam Scat rods, AFR 210 Eliminator Race Ready Aluminum heads, Comp Cams Hyd. Roller Cam, Motown intake, Nickerson Performance Carb, pump gas 93 octane

Body/Exterior: Viper Red, Painted back in the 90's at Wisser Autobody Northampton, PA

Front End: Stock front clip with CPP upper and lower control arms, 1" sway bar, Moroso trick springs, Calvert 90/10 shocks, Unisteer rack and pinion, Wilwood disk brakes

Transmission: Turbo 350 Built at Competition Transmission in North Tonawanda. New York

Rear End: 9 in. Moser case, Moser 35 spline axles, Strange center section, 3.89 gear, Detroit Locker, Explorer Disk Brakes, Split Mono leafs, Caltracs and Rancho Adj. shocks, rear sliders, mini tubbed

Exhaust: Hooker Super Comp fenderwell headers, full 3" aluminum exhaust with Vibrant aluminum mufflers

Wheels/Tires: Front: 17x7 Torque Thrust II with 205/50/17 tires
Rear: 18x8 Torque Thrust II with 275/40/18 tires
For the strip - Rear:15x10 Weld Prostars with 27x10.5 Hoosier Quick Time Pros
Front: 15x3.5 Weld Prostars with M/T front runners

Interior: All stock full interior with 10 pt. roll cage with swingout bars

Electrical: American Autowire

Accessories/Options: Factory V8 car originally with a powerglide trans.

Sound system: Stock 1964 push button AM (not hooked up, just for looks)

Additional Comments: I still have a few things to do, but I would like to thank the guys on this site that have helped me out. I couldn't have done it without you. If anyone has any questions, PM me. I have a ton of Nova information that I have aquired over the years. The best pass I have had on the car so far is 10.83 @ 124 mph.

·
Registered
216 Posts
64 ss

Awsome job, that nova is sweet you did not mention what gear ratio you are using?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Thats a real nice 64:yes:, from one 64 owner to another. Love it!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Very nice looking ride:thumbsup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah, I had to minitub it to fit the 10.5 tires on. No frame notching though. Thanks for all of the kind words guys. Looking to put a different set of heads on the car this winter. Pro-filer 210's are looking like the winners right now. Should get me into the 10's.
wow thats sweet bro

·
Registered
365 Posts
Can I see some closer shots of the instrument panel? I dig that a lot. and I'm looking to do something simaliar.

did you build that plate or was it made?

thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts