Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How could I tell if the car originally came with a V-8. Would there be any wiring clues, or fuel line routing differences that could clue me in?

I have a 64 that has the lugs front and back, and the person I bought it from said it was a factory V-8. But there is no engine in it. The cowl tag says it came with a Powerglide. Also there is a 300 stamped to the far right and top of the cowl tag. I dont see that on any cowl decoding sites.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
My 72 has lugs front and back also. They keep the tires from falling off!:rolleyes:

Did you mean you have 5 lug front and back? Look up you vin at www.novaresource.com You might find something there.

Randy (NPHNP):)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, sorry it has 5 lugs. I looked at that page and might have skipped something important, but that was how I ended up with the question about why the 300 was at right hand top of the cowl tag.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Does the fuel line run outside the passenger side frame and come in under the battery?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The Radiator space has been removed, along with the motor. If it had one. I will have to look and see if there are any paint marks from their being one in place.

As for the feul line, I will have to go look at that one. The car is sitting parked in my parents back yard. I looked at it about a week ago and couldnt tell many differences between my 63, but I wasnt looking for the fuel line.

Anyone know of any other differences? The throttle linkage is still there. Unfortunatly I didnt get a pic of the other side.

Sorry for all the weeds, its been parked outside a long time.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I called my dad and had him go pop the hood. He said the fuel line does come out thru a hole underneath the battery tray. I had started to question weather it was worth messing with at this point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts