Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,everybody. This is my first post on this forum. I recently bought a 1964 Nova SS and I'd like to change its color, exterior, as well as interior. It came with a red interior, and I want to change it to a black interior.

My question: Are all surfaces, vinyl and metal, in the interior supposed to be black? I ordered a '64 SS from the factory back then, in Palomar red and black bucket seat interior, but I don't remember anymore.

What about the headliner. It's now white. Do I have to change that over to black to be period correct?

Does anyone on this site have a '64 SS in Palomar Red and black interior, who could send me a couple of photos?

What about restoration books; is there one that would show such an interior?

Thanks you all in advance,

Phil Erikson

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
interior

You can buy new front and back black door panels, and front and back black seat covers and new black replacement headliner and visors... OR
buy black vinyl dye spray bombs.. does an excellent job on headliner, door panels, plastic trim, kick panels, seat covers ..etc. Use a vinyl prep first to allow the dye adhere to what you have now..easy and fast... wear a mask...
Use TREMCLAD gloss black spray bombs to paint your front dash, upper and lower door channels..goes on real nice, you can color sand it to the smooth finish you want and then use rubbing compound to get it to the finish you want, then use Tremclad clearcoat to bring it to a glossy finish.. I did my buddies 63 Acadian in my garage, turned out awesome... I should have saved the pictures...

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Pui Interiors sell complete interiors for first gens.....here is my 65ss pui interior...very nice!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts