Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after being a Camaro owner for 18 years, Ive decided to finally go old school. I got disappointed at tryint to get my 2010 SS under 3500lbs and keep it stock appearing. So I picked up my 64 nova ss a few months ago. Its a heap and the sun casts a funny shadow on the ground when it hits all the holes in the floor pan, but for a weekend warrior/drag car, shes not too bad. It came straight from the boonies of TN and was pretty rednecked out when I got it. The owner was asking $6500 and I took it home for $5500. I drove down there with a trailer saw the car for 10 minutes and left with an empty trailer. He called me a few minutes later and offered to let her go for $5500.

For starters it had a 1965 front end on the car. It was rattlecanned black, and a shoddy rattlecan job at that. The rear suspension left plenty to be desired and still does, but I straightened it out some and un-rednecked it as much as I can until I get more funding.

The car is a 64 ss coupe with a 383 backed by a glide and a 9". There is no interior other than the dash and a racing seat. Shes a bit rough, but she runs well.

Since I got it, Ive added an alternator and wiring for the lights so I can eventually driver her around. Anyways, I deceided to turn her into a black and white for halloween. So $18.00 later and here she is.

Im having real trouble finding headlight buckets for her though. Thats the main reason she isnt streetable yet. She appears to be a true back yard built race car with literally every possible corner cut to save money. lol

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
newmember

Hi and Welcome the car looks real nice like the hood. sure if you keep checking you will be able to find the parts you need. skinnydude

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Put a post in the parts wanted section. Someone here will have some are know s
omeone that does. There is one for the left side on ebay, buy it now 125.00. WOW.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Welcome to Steve's Nova Site!! Your car looks like it could be an old school police car hot rod!! Have fun with it and stay safe!!

:ragtop:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent him a pm. Hes checking to see if he has any left. Hopefully he does. Also Im sitting on a set from a 65 fyi. I missed a set on ebay that sold for like $80 then a set just ended a few days ago at $220. I wasnt ready to pay that much.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
WelCome , Looks like you got a deal for $5500 A 383 isn't cheap to build This site has it ALL ,, Us as

, Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS , :waving:

GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts